Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night, Chapter two.

4 posters

Go down

Night, Chapter two. Empty Night, Chapter two.

Post by katie(: Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:27

I was confused at the part where the lady started screaming. Why could she see the "fires" but no one else? At first i thought the lady was going crazy, buty i relized that she was talking about the fires in the concentration camp, but i don't understand how she knew what was in store if she had never been there before? Chapters two and three were hard to read because the Jews were treated so badly and no one should ever be treated that way.On page 39 i got condused when they were asking Elie and his father their age and telling them to change their age. Why would they need to change there age for? I also thought it was disgusting when the officers would "flirt" with the young girls. In the book they were feed one bowl of soup and some bread. If i had to eat that everyday i would be sick. The jews had no choise what to eat; they either had to eat it or go hungry. If the jews are being forced to work in labor camps, you should feed them good, don't make them go hungry thats dumb. "After coming out from the hot water, we stayed shivering in the night air. Our clothes had been left behind in the othe block, and we had been promised other outfits." They didnt get there clothes until they got to the next camp. they had to run in the cold with out anything on, that is just wrong. Overall i did not like these chapters, because i didn't like the way the Jews were treated.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Night, Chapter two. Empty Re: Night, Chapter two.

Post by Cicily Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:40

When they arrived at Auschwitz, another jew told them to change thier ages because if Elie was too young, he'd be sent to the gas chamber and if his father was too old, he'd be killed right away also. So they lied about their ages so they would have a chance. And it also got them into the same group. I agree with Katie on how the Jews were treated so awful, but the Nazis did NOT care at all. They thought of Jews as pests and that they were nothing compared to them. Thats why the Nazis treated them so badly, because they did not think of them as human beings, but of parasites that needed extermination. I agree with Katie when she says she didn't like these chapters, because i did not like them either. They showed how real the situations they were placed in are, like i was there and could see what was happening.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:18

The fact that they had to change their age to live bothers me. They treated then like property and no matter what u were going to be killed in one way or the other. I’m not so sure but I think that the “new clothes” they gave them were clothes from people who were killed in the gas chambers. It’s horrible knowing all the horrible things these people did and it’s even more disturbing knowing that the soldiers were flirting with some German chicks like nothing was going on and the girls didn’t do anything they didn’t care that in that area in that air under that sky they were killing innocent people.

(: tania

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:41

I had also had the same question on how did she know what was in store for them. And everyone else didn’t . Maybe something had led her I don’t know. Maybe they were telling elie and his dad to change thier age because it might help out in thier favor. If you were to young they might would have killed him because you were weak and 50 years old might have been to old so they could have killed him also because they thought he was weak. The soldiers didn’t care what they ate because they thought nothing of the jews like they thought they were dogs.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down