Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 2 & 3

4 posters

Go down

Chapters 2 & 3 Empty Chapters 2 & 3

Post by Angie:) Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:44

Chapter two and chapter three were really awful. I can't imagine my family being shoved into a wagon like we were cattle. It's hard to imagine what kind of fear they felt and I thankful that I'll never have to experience something like that. I feel so sorry for that poor woman, who kept screaming about the fire. It's almost eerie how it turned into irony, and the flames did appear; It gave me a sick sort of feeling when they said they saw the flames and smelled the burning flesh.
Being rounded up, and poked and prodded like an animal would've made me so angry. I think it's ridiculous that they were treated like that. The Nazi's shouldn't have even been allowed to do that to the Jews and Gypsies. They did nothing to deserve that.

Being separated from my family would tear me apart.
Then being judged based on nothing but my appearance, and that judgement choses whether or not I get to live? That isn't right at all. You either fill their requirements or you die. Even if you live, you're required to wear the same clothes, have the same hair cut, and look the same as everyone else.
This is terrible. I would almost rather die then have my pride and human rights, and all the things worth living for being taken away from me.

What get's me the most is how the gate at Auschwitz gate says, "Work is liberty!".
Nothing the Jews would do would change their fate in those camps, and it was such a lie. It was giving them false hope, that if they worked hard they would be free. I would've just given up.
I can't imagine the pain they felt.
I couldn't absorb all of that in the time they did.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapters 2 & 3 Empty relpy

Post by amber Fri Apr 03 2009, 08:21

I thought these chapters were horrible too. He explained horrible things in great detail, and that just really made it emotional. I agree with you when you said that you would almost rather die than to have your pride and human rights. I dont think I could live the way they did. I wouldnt have enough strength or tolerance to be put into their positions. I agree with you also when you said that being apart from my family would tear me apart. I don't think i could go on very long without my family if i was in that type of situation. I dont think I could go very far not knowing what would happen to them, once i left them.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Chapters 2 & 3 Empty Reply

Post by Jessica Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:46

I also got a sick feeling when Elie was talking about the flames and the smell of burning flesh. I agree that they shouldn't have treated the Jews and Gypsies like they were animals. It would also be hard for me to be seperated from my family. Making them wear the same clothes and have the same hair cut also seemed wrong. I don't think I would be able to deal with everything that they went through. In this short amount of time they have been through so much. I also didn't like that the gate had "Work is liberty!" written on it. I agree that they are only giving them false hope.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapters 2 & 3 Empty Reply

Post by stutts#4 Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:09

I agree with angie. My family is the biggest part of my life and if someone tore us apart i would be devestated. Angie said that she got sick when he said that he could smell burning flesh but that part didnt bother me so much.The worst part for me was when Elie said that he seen babies being abused and used as targets. It made me want to go back in time and get revenge on all those who harmed poor, innocent babies. I think that it was wrong how they were telling them that everything was going to be alright whenever it obviously wasnt.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Chapters 2 & 3 Empty Re: Chapters 2 & 3

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down