Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night: Chapter two and three

3 posters

Go down

Night: Chapter two and three Empty Night: Chapter two and three

Post by Savannah:) Fri Apr 03 2009, 09:44

•In chapter two Elie and many others are on their way to a place somewhere far away from home. When Madame Schachter begins to scream about a fire that no one seen, everyone began to think that she was crazy; in a way i was thinking the same thing. I really like this chapter a lot because it was so suspenseful. When an old lady cries about seeing a huge, horrible fire it sometimes makes you wonder. The main reason this chapter was so interesting is because it made me think "what in the world is she talking about?" and it also lead me to believe that something was wrong. When they arrived at Auschwitz everyone seen the flames that Madame Schachter was griping about. This part also made me wonder "How did she know that there were flames where they were going? Is she psychic?".

In chapter three when they get to Auschwitz they are beaten, threaten, and some even killed. Just reading the book this made me a little terrified of the things that were happening. Elie said that he was forced to take all of his clothes off and he was promised new ones; unfortunately, they only gave him rags and cloths. I respect Elie because even though he didn't follow through with his plan he still thought about going against what the guards said, and jumping the fence. Its probably a really good thing that he didn't because he could have easily been shot. When they go to Block 17 everything began to get better for them and i was so glad that the Germans were being easier on them; however, the further we get into the book the less religious Elie gets. "Some talked of God, of his mysterious ways, of the sins of the Jewish people, and of their future deliverance. But i had ceased to pray...I did not deny God's existence, but i doubted Hid absolute justice.". This quote that is stated on p.53 is proof that Elie is losing faith in God and he isn't being very optimistic anymore. That quote amazed me because you'd think that the worse things get the more he would pray. When chapter three ended they had just arrived at a new place called Buna; i am very interested and excited to see what will happen next.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Night: Chapter two and three Empty Kevins' reply

Post by Kevin Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:46

I was starting to worry about Elies faith also but then I started to think about times that I have gone through some tuff things thats when you start to question your faith the most.Elies is most likely asking God why does he have to go through this and why he has to suffer.And I dont think that qoute is saying that he is losing faith in God cause it says he doesn't deny his exsittence Elie is just wondering when god is going to come through and save him and the jews. I thought the clothes deal was pretty jacked up too thats messed up that they have to wear rags.I also think that Buna has some interesting things in store for us too.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Night: Chapter two and three Empty Re: Night: Chapter two and three

Post by Harley Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:27

I was starting to worry about Elies and what she was going to do when ever it came to her faith. I bete Elie i swandering why god has choose him and his family and friends, like why did he choose them to go through all of this suffering and all the sweat and tears. But I dont think that he will be loosing faith, well atleast I hope not,cause he has gone through alot of things so far,and i believe that he can push it and be stronge through the rest of the journey. I thought the clothes thing was wronge, because why would they do that to them,thats all that they really have to remeber anything by anymore. They already took their homes so why would they do this to him now. It was really dumb and pointless.

Harley

Back to top Go down

Night: Chapter two and three Empty Re: Night: Chapter two and three

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down