Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapters 4&5

4 posters

Go down

chapters 4&5 Empty chapters 4&5

Post by amber Mon Apr 06 2009, 08:54

I think chapters 4 and 5 were very emotional for Elie. I thought the part when the little boy was being hung and was still alive and suffering was awful. I couldn't imagine actually witnessing a lynching process and then walking around the bodies and staring at them in the face. That would be horrible. I also thought that when the prisoners had to go to the dentist was bad too. All they were checking for was gold crowns in their teeth. These people were so greedy for anything that would make them money. It made me sick thinking of them pulling out Elie's crown with a rusty old spoon. I can't imagine what that felt like to him. I also couldn't imagine the pain he was in when they did the operation on his foot, and he was still awake and feeling everything. I also thought the selection process was horrible. They determined if you were good enough by just running. I wouldn't think it's fair because there were sick and weak people who didnt have the strength to go through the following tests to see if you could still live. This was a test for your life, and for some people, it was impossible to pass. But, in a way, this camp was easier than Auschwitz. I thought that they had treated people better and gave them an ''easier'' lifesyle(if that is what you want to call it). They had some people that didn't lay a hand on the prisoners, but they had their horrible leaders also, like Auschwitz.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

chapters 4&5 Empty Re: chapters 4&5

Post by iaasbntaylorb Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:33

I agree with you greatly about the little boy that stayed there hanging helplessly. I couldn’t imgaine it either. Yes I agree the SS officers made the people go to te dentist to get there teeth pulled. It made me sick to to think that they were pullin his crown out with a rusty spoon. I also agree that the pain must be great during the operation. I also agree that Buna is a whole lot better that the first camp Aushwitz. Yeah some of the leaders were mean and some were nicer then other in the concentration camp Buna.

Taylor B.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

chapters 4&5 Empty reply to AMBER :)!

Post by Angie:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:42

I agree with you on the whole rusty spoon/ teeth situation. I thought that it was really brutal and disgusting. And the operation would also have been really hard. I couldn't imagine having to walk on it, or put pressure on it at all with no medication for it.

The lynching process would be hard to watch, even if you knew the person did something wrong. I think it's inhumane to have to sit there and watch somebody die. That's something that no one should have to experience. I also feel like it was an embarrassment to the person who was being hanged.

I agree that this was an emotional part of the book, and it was really sad to read.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

chapters 4&5 Empty reply

Post by sunshine Tue Apr 07 2009, 02:39

i think it was emotional for eli as well because of all the things that was done to him and everything. i think book was very interesting and i think you did too.

sunshine

Back to top Go down

chapters 4&5 Empty Re: chapters 4&5

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down