chapter 4 and 5

Go down

chapter 4 and 5

Post by James on Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:28

I think that chapter 4 shows the unfairness that occurred during the holocaust. I think that if I was elie, I would have delt with the pain of my toothache and not go to the dentist because if I was him, due to the circumstances of where he was at and the people that were around him. You never know, those tools probably weren’t washed and now they are putting them in his mouth andd he might catch a disease. I also think that chapter 4 shows the unfairness when elie is beaten to the point of near death.

Chapter 5 I think that elie becomes a stronger person even though he loses faith. I think he is stronger because if I were him I probably wouldn’t have lasted a day where he was at. And probably after I had been beaten and lost faith in myself, I would think of suicide or begging others to kill me, I know it’s a dark thought but it would be true.

James

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chapter 4 and 5

Post by katie(: on Tue Apr 07 2009, 11:21

I agree with the part where you were talking about him getting a disease from those tools, i wouldn't have let that man come near me unless he washed those things. I also agree with the part about loosing faith. I understand where Elie is coming from, why should he believe in something that will not help him when he needs it. But I think it was all a test to see if you would loose faith, because no matter how hard it may be you should never loose faith in what you believe in. Even though it would be extremely hard if i was in Elies place.

katie(:

View user profile

Back to top Go down