Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 6&7

2 posters

Go down

Chapters 6&7 Empty Chapters 6&7

Post by aleah Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:30

Even at the beginning of chapter six I was amazed. If they would have stayed in the hospital they would have been rescued and they wouldn't have to go through the extra tourment. It was so sad how they couldn't even find the strength to push on through the snow. But then again. why would they? They were only going to another concentration camp, and most of them wouldn't even make it through selection. They were basically running to theie deaths. I actually didn't know that if you fell asleep in the snow, there was a possibilty of you falling into a coma. It was heartbreaking how the preist that everyone loved was looking for his son, but all in vain. It was also sad how Elie's loving and caring personality had involuntarilry turned into selffishness and apathy. In a way, the changes of Elie’s character were hurting him more than the tortue of the Nazis. I kind of knew that his father was about to die, but it was sad how he just kind of gave up. It was worse that Elie didn't have enough strength to keep pushing him- mentally or physically. The worst part about the train ride was that the need for food was so great that MEN would fight over a crumb of bread. Worse of, father and son betrayed each other, and died while fighting on another. In situations like this, if you don’t have your family, you have nothing left worth living for. That was their plan in the beginning, too bad that it didn’t hold out.

aleah

Back to top Go down

Chapters 6&7 Empty reply to you

Post by sunshine Thu Apr 09 2009, 02:28

that is so true. Mad i feel for them through even thuogh i am half german i feel for them.Shocked are you part german? Laughing

sunshine

Back to top Go down