Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 6 & 7

3 posters

Go down

Chapters 6 & 7 Empty Chapters 6 & 7

Post by Cicily Thu Apr 09 2009, 05:51

Chapter 6 started out with the Jews being, i guess, evacuated from Aushwitz to another camp, but they were forced to run the whole way. They couldn't walk or take a break or else they would be shot on sight. This is impossible, i don't see how someone can run that far, in the snow and not take a break. I don't understand how the Nazis think they are so much better, i mean they had replacements come and take each officer's place when they got tired. The Jews were stronger than them and they were being starved! This just shows how weak Nazis really were. It really made an imoact on me when Juliek played his violin in the middle of all those people's agony. He knew he was going to die, so he would die doing what he loved. It said he was playing his life. This part just showed how horrible it was for them to try and survive. many of them just give up and take the relief of death.

In chapter 7 people were so desperate for food, a son had killed his own father in order to get a piece of bread. It shows how desperate they were to find food. Elie said that 100 men had gotten in the train car and only a dozen got out. I don't understand why the Nazis would worry about transporting them if most of them would die on the journey? did they want to run away that much, because they knew they were wrong?

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Chapters 6 & 7 Empty Re: Chapters 6 & 7

Post by katie(: Thu Apr 09 2009, 09:59

i also think that the Nazis were afraid of what was waiting for them by the Liberating army. They knew they were in the wrong so they didn't want to get caught. So they chickened out and ran. I find this sad because the Nazis didn't even have to worry about anything. They were all "great" and what not, but there to afraid to take a battle? Thats real dumb.
I also thought it was sad when the boy killed his father for a small crumb of bread. What was the point in deporting them if they were just going to starve them to death. It also was not funny when they threw the food in the wagons to watch the men kill each other for it. That makes me sick.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherTime Thu Apr 09 2009, 10:31

I don't see how they ran for so long and not take breaks. The jews may have been stronger but the nazis had guns which gives them the upper hand. The part with juliek and his violin was meaningful to me because like you said he knew he was gonna die but he would die doing what he loved. It was so crazy to see these people killing for crumbs of bread. I also didn't quite understand why the nazis worried about the transporting of jews so much because most of them would die.. I don't see the enjoy ment in watching people kill each other for food.

FatherTime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down