Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 6 and 7 Response

Go down

Chapter 6 and 7 Response Empty Chapter 6 and 7 Response

Post by Bobby Thu Apr 09 2009, 10:28

Chapter six started off with something I remembered about the Holocaust. Where the Nazi army marched off several camps to either to their death (or on the brink of) or to a different camp. These marches were mostly called death marches after the war. Elie was on the brink of desperation to survive.

We were masters of nature, masters of the world. We had forgotten everything everything-death, fatigue, our natural needs. Stronger than cold or hunger, stronger than the shots and the desire to die, condemned and wandering, mere numbers, we were the only men on earth.

All that Elie and the others thought was to survive. The hunger didn't get to them neither did the freezing pain. It's almost as if they lost all of their senses and started to take in instincts. To Nazi army this was probably entertainment for them. A mere show perhaps.

I shall never forgot Juliek. How could I forget that concert, given to an audience of dying and dead men! To this day, whenever I hear Beethoven Played my eyes close and out of the dark rises the sad, pale face of my Polish friend, as he said farewell on his violin to an audience of dying men.

This made me quite sad at heart, because It wasn't like any other farewell concerts we have today. It was a concert to thousands of near dying men. I'm very fond of hearing a violin being played, so it have overwhelm me a bit. Although, it could just be just the music I'm listening to at the moment pulling my emotions around. (fyi. the song name is S.O.S by Filterfunk.)

As I enter chapter seven it started to get dramatic. Elie have yet to be completely separated from his own father. When the SS called for the dead to be thrown out Elie notice his father not moving. Elie desperately tries to wake his father. It was successful, but his father seems like he was on the edge of death.

There was this one part where the Jews were entertaining themselves by throwing money out of the wagon and watching people struggle to get it. Elie was shocked at this action. But, at the same time the suppose "natives" threw in some bread which broke out into an even larger dispute. It's a shame that this kind of thing was a show to many people.

Bobby

Back to top Go down