Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 8 & 9

3 posters

Go down

Chapter 8 & 9 Empty Chapter 8 & 9

Post by Harley Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:29

CHAPTERS 8 & 9

I like chapters eight and nine. It has a really good ending. I know Elie must be sad because he was always helping his father, and he was always giving his father the rest of his soup and the rest of his bread and the rest of his coffee. But I don’t understand why the SS officers would not give his father food whenever they know that his father was ill. The SS officers kept saying that they aint going to give the sick food, because they were going to die anyways so there was no point in wasting their food on something that is unbeneficial. That is really mean and cold, like you would think that they would give the ill food so that they could get better. But that is not the way that they thought about things. I also feel really bad for Elie because he did all that he could to help his father and it was still not good enough. He was even in line while the SS officers were counting them, and he said that he kept hearing his father yelling his name, but he was scared to step out of line and help his father because he did not want to get beat by the SS officers, like his father was being beat at the time. And I know that had to be hard for Elie to do, but he did and he says that he regrets it. But the surprising thing was that Elie was unable to shed a tear when ever his father was burned in the crematory. But in the end when everything was said and done Elie said that “From the depths of the mirror, a corpse gazed back at me. The look in his eyes, as they starred into mine, has never left me”. This sentence is talking about when ever his dad died. Well this was a good story and it was really touching.

Harley

Back to top Go down

Chapter 8 & 9 Empty Re: Chapter 8 & 9

Post by Savannah:) Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:41

i thought it was dumb how they wouldnt feed the ill people. Some of them might have actually lived if they couldve just had some food. I thought that it was very greedy. It really upset me when Elie siad that before they took his father to the crematory he yelled for Elie but his voice was too soft and Elie coult not hear him. I bet that it was hard for Elie to just walk out of the camp knowing that he had nothing of value left. A lot of people keep mentioning that quote but i just didnt really understand it.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Post by kaila_ds Fri Apr 10 2009, 04:58

I DO AGREE WITH HARLEY IT WAS SAD. ELIE DID ALL HE COULD DO FOR HIS FATHER. HE GAVE UP THE FOOD THAT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO EAT FOR HIM. IF I WAS IN THAT SITUATION I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING. EVEN THOUGH HIS FATHER WOULD TELL HIM NOT TO DO IT HE DID IT ANTWAY. I COULD'NT PICTURE SOMEBODY HITTIN MY PARENT AND ME JUST STANDING THERE. ELIE NOT BEING ABLE TO WEEP WAS PROBALY FROM THE FACT THAT HE THOUGHT HIS FATHER WAS GOING TO A BETTER PLACE. HE KNEW HE DID ALL HE COULD FOR HIM EVEN WHEN OTHERS TOLD HIM HE WAS BETTER OFF JUST LETTING HIM DIE BECAUSE HE HA TO WORRY ABOUT HIMSELF AND HIMSELF ONLY. ELIE SAW DIFFERNT. IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD BOOK.

kaila_ds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down