Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapters 8 and 9

3 posters

Go down

chapters 8 and 9 Empty chapters 8 and 9

Post by Jessica Fri Apr 10 2009, 08:41

I thought that chapter 8 was pretty sad, because it was all about his father dying. I thought that it was nice how he was taking care of him. Elie was just waiting for his father to die. At one part it seemed like he was glad to not have to take care of his father. I can't imagine going through that if it was my father. It was sad that his father kept asking for water. Elie knew that he shouldn't give it to him, but he did it anyways. I could not believe that Elie just left his father there after the SS hit him. I was shocked that he didn't even cry when he realized that his father was dead. It was like he didn't even care that he was going to die. I felt horrible after reading that his father died. I think that Elie just gave up after what happened to his father. I was glad when he and everyone else were saved from the concentration camp, I don't think that Elie expected to be saved. I was shocked when they wanted nothing other than food, they didn't even want revenge. In the end you could tell that he was happy, but that he was also sad. His father dying really did changed him. "From the depth of the mirror, a corpse gazed back at me." I always knew that Elie would change at the end of the book, but I never thought that he would seem so dead inside.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

chapters 8 and 9 Empty relpy

Post by amber Fri Apr 10 2009, 10:21

I thought these chapters were pretty sad too. I thought it was awful was Elie's father had died. I know that did change Elie in a lot of ways, and it seemed like he just wanted to give up on everything. I knew Elie had grown less emotional, but if it was my father who had died, I would have had a break down. You could tell in the end that he just gave up on everything else. I was also surprised when Elie had said that nobody wanted revenge. I think if I had just gotten out of that situation, that would be all I wanted. I would have wanted to do something to them since I lost a lot of my family and friends.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

chapters 8 and 9 Empty Re: chapters 8 and 9

Post by iaasbntaylorb Fri Apr 10 2009, 11:08

Yeah chapter eight was pretty sad. I don’t agree that was waiting for him to die. I think that he didn’t want him to die. I do agree that Im not sure if I could go through it myself. I was shocked to that he didn’t even cry when his father died, all he was worried about food. At the end I knew he had changed too. But im not sure I quite get what he mean by the dead corpse though

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

chapters 8 and 9 Empty Re: chapters 8 and 9

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down