Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

3 posters

Go down

Chapter One Empty Chapter One

Post by Angie:) Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:33

I think that the first chapter is really sad. It's terrible that we basically have to see their lives crumble before them. They don't even realize that things are really as bad as they are' they believe that the police are actually good people. They believed that they were being deported for their "own good", but they believed that they were really going to have it so much better at the place they were being sent to. I would feel terrible, being kept in by barbed wire, and being forced to move homes, and riding in horrible conditions in a wagon full of eighty other people. I couldn't even imagine leaving everything behind. I've lived in the same place basically all my life, and having to pick up and move, even under good circumstances would be really hard for me. I guess it's good though, that they have hopes, because it'll make things seem less bad. It'll give them something to hold on for. And their true to their beliefs, and they are true to their God, and that maybe one of the things that really gets them through the though times, especially Elie being as young as he is. Religion gives me faith in myself and the world, pretty much.

I don't think that I could find many things to look at optimistically in this situation. I couldn't comprehend all that emotion at one time. I seriously couldn't have gone through with the whole lining up in the street thing. I would've gone into hiding when the opportunity arose. I guess that's cowardly, but that's what I would've done.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty reply....

Post by amber Sat Mar 28 2009, 08:37

I agree with you when you said that you would go into hiding if you had an opportunity to. It think it would be hard living like the jews did at this time. I disagree with you calling it just ''cowardly'' because you are trying to fight for your life against the germans. I would think a lot of jews were thinking about hiding. I dont think they were thinking that they were cowards, but trying to save their lives. I also agreed with you when you when you said it would be hard to move and leave everything behind. I have also lived in the same house for a while, and i could just leave and take nothing with me. I couldnt imagine making the many sacrifices the jews had to make.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Reply

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 02 2009, 11:35

I agree with you when you say it would be hard for you to leave your home. I also think it would be hard for me to leave my home, especially if I didn't know where I was going. It would be hard for me to leave everything I know behind too. I don't think it would be cowardly to run and hide when everyone was in the street. I think I would do the same thing if I was in that situation. I'm sure most people would do the same thing if they had the chance, so don't think of it as a cowardly act.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down