Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 1 chapter one is not very fun bc theyre hitting people with guns. lol

2 posters

Go down

CHAPTER 1 chapter one is not very fun bc theyre hitting people with guns. lol Empty CHAPTER 1 chapter one is not very fun bc theyre hitting people with guns. lol

Post by aleah Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:30

so yeah. this book is pretty sad so far. well more intense than sad to me. because all that has happened is that they have been deported. but i mean thats still pretty sad. like when i was reading, i was thinking about if i was presedented with this situation. if someone came to my house in the middle of the night telling me that i had to leave i would be pretty horrified. especially if they didnt tell us where, but somebody has told me stories about where people like me in the same situation go and what happens to them there. its also sad that they have to watch life long friends and close relatives being pushed out of their homes to go to an unknown location, possibly their death. it was interesting to me, that even when there was basically no hope of reversing their deprtation, they didnt give up hope until they actually started marching. today, many of us would freak out, or wouldnt handle this with such "poise" as the jews did. we probably wouldnt be as smart either. somebody would try to rebel and end up getting the entire group killed. the jews are cool people. Question i dont really know how to feel at this point. because it makes me feel bad that we go around fretting about the smallest of problem, and there were actually people who had to leave the place where they have always lived, and never complained about it, but prayed. i think, if you can be in the worst of situations, and still have the strength to compose yourself and pray, to a god that you could accuse of leaving you, you are a very chill person. next chapter!study oh yeah, is this a little boys perspective or a girl or what? not understanding here...

aleah

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 1 chapter one is not very fun bc theyre hitting people with guns. lol Empty Chapter1 Reply!

Post by nicole Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:38

I think this book is sad so far too. I would hate to have lived back then and I would be horrified too if someone came into my house and told me I had to leave the next day. I also would hate watching my friends and family going through that and losing everything they have ever had except what they can fit in a bookbag. I agree that it was interesting. And it's a boys perspective. I think if this happened today people would be rebelling and others would be running, I don't think anyone would just sit there and take it.

nicole

Back to top Go down