Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters2&3 Response!

Go down

Chapters2&3 Response! Empty Chapters2&3 Response!

Post by nicole Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:20

I liked these chapters a lot better than the first chapter. These chapters explained a lot to me about the book and just the Holocaust in general. I didn't want to stop reading it after I was done reading these chapters. I liked the part where the lady started screaming, I think maybe her daughter was being burned and even though she could not see it in front of her, she could see it in her mind. I also like the part where the prisoner told Elie and his father to say they were a certain age so there lives were saved. I don't understand, the prisoners there talking about, are they like real prisoners or are they deportees as well? Do the prisoners stay there throughout the entire Holocaust or do they get transferred as well? I would not be able to sleep either if I saw kids and babies being burned. I don't understand how someone could sleep at night knowing that all those people are dieing and they could be next. I especially would not be able to sleep knowing that I was the one having to burn the kids and babies. I feel bad for all of the people that got seperated from their families, friends and loved ones. "Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my faith forever." (p.43) This quote interests me because he is trying to blame all of this on God and he doesn't understand that the only way he is going to make it through this is to stay faithful.

nicole

Back to top Go down