Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 2&3

4 posters

Go down

chapter 2&3 Empty chapter 2&3

Post by sunshine Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:29

chapter 2
"Finally this book is getting interesting dont you think? i think that it was so sad that nobody believed madame schachter. "she says look! look at it! fire! mercy! oh that fire" (p.34)then they tie her up and put cloth in her mouth to shut her up. confused im confused. why didnt they listen to her at first? why'd they tie her up?
chapter 3
"Men to the left!women to the right!"(p.38) now thats wrong i dont think that is right at all Crying or Very sad the words ment so much even though it was just a phrase to us it ment so much to them
They are praising the lord through the chapter saying in german "yitgadal veyitkadach shme raba... may his name be blessed and magnified"(p.42)i think this is so sad dont you think? why'd the germans attack the little kids if hitler praised them?

sunshine

Back to top Go down

chapter 2&3 Empty Re: chapter 2&3

Post by nicole Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:34

I also liked the part where the lady was scrraming.They didn't listen to her at first because they thought she was going crazy. I think the Germans attacked the little kids because they can't do work and there trying to kill them so what is the point in letting them be there is probably what the Germans were thinking. They tied her up so she wouldn't go phsyco on people. I didn't like the part where they made the men seperate from the women. I would not want to seperate from my loved ones forever. That is just really horrible.

nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicspeed Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:44

I kind of agree with everything your saying because what happen in the train they beat her up for no reason all she was saying is that she sees fire every time and then when they see the fire they just stay quiet and the reason they tied her up is because she was being loud and waking everyone up.

sonicspeed

Back to top Go down

chapter 2&3 Empty 2 and 3 response

Post by aleah Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:44

yeah i think it does get more interesting in chapter 2. in my opinion its one of the defining moments of the book because neither reader nor charcter knows where they are going and theres this random lady screaming about fire and its scary. yeah i think its sad how even though most of them died that night, the were saying the prayer of the dead. i dont think that the little jewish kids praised hitler. the hitler youth did, but a lot of them didnt even know what was going on. to hitler, the jewish children were probably the worst of the jews because they were the future of scum to him.

aleah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down