Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first chapter

3 posters

Go down

The first chapter Empty The first chapter

Post by ronbon Tue Mar 31 2009, 20:53

At first I got lost to where they are at orwhat is the purpose. I still don't know what religion they are. The main characters like the boy and his family. Are they Jews? But Jews wouldn't read a bible or say God. So they got to be... I don't know this book confuses me. I noticed when the author stated something about Moche the Beadle being led to some camp or something, so if he went why didn't other people go. Did he het caught and led away? I've also noticed when he came back he said that Gestapo soldiers killed them people that was with Moche the Beadle. I still wonder why people didnt' believe him was he crazy? I like the way the author uses visual elements to explain what happened in the time of thier crisis. I have to notice however that the author uses the term "market place" when reffering to what the boy saw a lot. I have also been confused when the first group of people left. I thought the all had left at the same time. This story is a little boring and hard to understand at first. So i'm not enjoying reading this. I remember the time i was driven away on vacation and did not know where i was going. I am confused about the words to like compatriot. Alot of words are big and hard to understand which makes the book less interesting.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

The first chapter Empty Re: The first chapter

Post by katie(: Thu Apr 02 2009, 10:49

The boy is a Jew, his religion is jewish. I also agree this book is boring but i think it has a good story and its hard not to be interested in what happens next. When they took the first deportees they couldn't take them all at the same time, so they separated them in groups and they went at different times. I agree when he said the words are confusing in the book, if i could actually understand half the words the book might be of a little more interest to me. But overall i like the first chapter.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

The first chapter Empty !

Post by (: tania Thu Apr 02 2009, 11:07

I agree at first the book was boring and I didn’t really get the hang of it. But I think that if you kept on reading and take the time to look up the words you can actually start enjoying the book. That’s what happened to me I didn’t like the book at the beginning but then I started getting the hang of it and started liking it. The boy is Jewish and I think the people didn’t believe him because he was just like the guy everyone underestimated and thought of as a push over. When he came back and actually stood up no one payed any attention to him.

(: tania

Back to top Go down

The first chapter Empty Re: The first chapter

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down