Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 2&3

5 posters

Go down

chapter 2&3 Empty chapter 2&3

Post by (: tania Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:08

After days in small crowed areas and having to listen to Madame Schachter the people lost faith. She was asking for an opportunity to be heard but everyone grew tired of her fear she promoted with her screams. The whole trip was a mystery. When they finally arrived Elie was separated from his mom and sister. This I can imagine had to be very hard. I remember when I was little I grew without my father for like 3 years. I was little but that didn’t stop the fact that I missed him so much. I would cry every night asking for him to come back. So I can imagine how Elie felt being away from his loved ones his warm home his country being brought to a cold nasty place like Auschwitz. Everyone was treated like property ranked by their appearance or their knowledge. The weak were killed and the strong were used to work and kill others. Auschwitz had a big sign that read “ work is liberty” which was a slap to the face to everyone one there and I think that deep down everyone knew this but was to terrified by the images they had see to even speak up or do something. In the course of time Stein of Antwerp was looking for Elie dad he was asking for his family. Elie lied and said they were fine and everything was going to be ok. However he had not heard anything from them. This poor weak man had no more strength but the fact of knowing that his family was ok was the only thing that kept him going that gave him the strength to keep on going. I can imagine how many people were like this. They kept on going with the little faith that they would be ok and see their love ones once again.

(: tania

Back to top Go down

chapter 2&3 Empty Re: chapter 2&3

Post by ronbon Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:50

I agree with you cause I do believe the people in the wagon lost faith, like at one point elie had almost lost faith in God because he felt He didn’t or wasn’t helping them. I felt that I have been an still am away form my father because we do not get along at all. We never have a regular conversation we always argue and sometimes lead to violence but I deal with that. And Elie basically saved a life when he lied to that man and told him his family was ok. Everyone needs to be encouraged in thiere life so they can be strong and live on.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Fri Apr 03 2009, 11:05

yeah but if you think about it many people did die but Elie survived even if he lost faith he kept going and that little light he had brought him peace later. im sorry about your dad. Hopefully you guys can fix your differences. I agree with you you need to find courage to live on!

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherTime Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:18

I never looked at Madame Schaulchter's cries as her asking for an oppritunity to be heard. I can't imagine how hard it was to be taken with no explaination from his mother and sister. I completely agree with what you had to say about the Work is Liberty sign. What they told Stein was messed up to me because he was already very weak and eventually would died so for them to get his hopes up for nothing was wrong.

FatherTime

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:32

Tania, I'm interested in the comment you said about how "the weak were killed and the strong were used to work and kill others." Does this remind you of anything else in history? And maybe not necessarily the killing part, but the weak being ostracized and the strong being used to ostracize the weak?

Admin
Admin

http://night.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:33

Flash, could you please let me know who you are? What a Face

Admin
Admin

http://night.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cicily Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:48

I agree with Tania when she says that it must be hard for Elie to be away from his parents and sisters. He was separated from them and then he was helpless and could not imagine life without them. He soon forgets this when he becomes desperate un keeping himself alive.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Mon Apr 06 2009, 01:40

flash(:
then what do you think that madame was trying to say? If you were in Elie's position what have you done?
i think it was wrong but still you cant just crush soemone like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down