Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2&3

+2
Jessica
amber
6 posters

Go down

Chapter 2&3 Empty Chapter 2&3

Post by amber Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:43

In the beginning of chapter 2, I was confused when Elie was metioning Madame Schachter about her screaming ''fire!'' and that she can see huge flames. I didn't know what she was talking about at first, until they metioned the furnace. I felt really bad for that woman. Everybody thought she was going crazy, but she was actually warning the people about the concentration camp. I was also confused about why Elie and his father had to change their ages. Was their ages gonna affect what would come to them in the future? Maybe it was for the purpose of work. But in the end, I was glad that they lied to the guards so they could stay together. I felt sorry for everyone going camp to camp. I don't think I could live like that for very long. Being seperated from my father and brother would be very hard for me, especially if i didnt know if i was going to see them again. I couldn't handle doing work all day and barely getting anything to eat and drink. It sounded like they were practically starving them all to death. I would hate to witness something like this. I would hate to be one of the people who had to throw the bodies in the furnace. When Elie was telling us about how a man had to put his own family's body in the furnance, I was shocked. I would think that would be the hardest thing to do in the concentration camp. I could never do that to a loved one.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2&3 Empty Reply

Post by Jessica Fri Apr 03 2009, 10:26

I was also confused as to why Madame Schachter kept screaming "Fire". Maybe she knew about the camp they were going to. I think the reason they changed their ages was so that they could stay together. People who were too young or too old were most likely sent to do something else. I was also glad that they lied to stay together. I also can't believe that one man had to put his father in the furnace. It would be hard to watch things like that happen or have to do them. I also felt bad for everyone moving from camp to camp.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2&3 Empty Reply :)

Post by Angie:) Fri Apr 03 2009, 11:03

They changed their ages so that they wouldn't be sent to the furnace. If you are too old or too young to work, they wouldn't even allow you to go on. How unfair is that? I also think it's insane how they never really got much to eat, I'm so lucky to have food on my plate every night and I have never imagined life any other way.
I also hate the thought of hurting someone else, especially if I know they did nothing to deserve it, so I could never throw someone into a fire. If it had been my family, I would've just quit right then and there. Those people were so strong.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2&3 Empty Re: Chapter 2&3

Post by Admin Fri Apr 03 2009, 11:39

I was also interested in the woman who kept screaming "fire." How crazy that her own people beat her and gagged her to get her to keep quiet?! And even in front of her child! When I read about her, I thought she was having premonitions, like a 6th sense type of thing where she could somehow see the future or feel what was going to happen...

Admin
Admin

http://night.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2&3 Empty reply

Post by stutts#4 Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:16

I also thought that the lady who was screaming "Fire!" was going crazy and i was a little confused too. I guess once i got to the end of chapter two everything began to make sense. I honestly dont know how they worked almost all day and didnt eat much of anything. I dont see how they even had any energy to run off of. Im sure that Elie was having a hard time dealing with the fact that he may never get to see his mother or sister again but i think that he is just trying to stay strong for both him and his dad.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Post by iaasbntaylorb Sun Apr 05 2009, 23:17

I was also confused when Madame Schachter was screaming fire. Then I realized it was about the concentration camp furnaces. She was warning them. I think by them changing there name did mean the purpose of work, or if they were too young or old they would die. I also felt sorry for them going camp to camp. I feel like I couldn’t go with the meal for working as much as they did. I was also shocked when that man had to put his own family in the furnace. I was wowed on how cruel the people were at the concentration camp, for making them do that.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down