Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter six & seven

4 posters

Go down

Chapter six & seven Empty Chapter six & seven

Post by Harley Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:32

In chapters six and seven I was able to understand it very well, better then all the other chapters that I have read in the past. It was all about how Elie and his father were being pushed and forced to run for ever like all day. Because it said that by the end of the day they ran forty-two miles by the end of the day. But to make them run the SS would call them names. But it was not the kind of names that you hear all the time. These were names that when you get called them or you hear someone being called that name; then it really is hurtful and mean. But I guess that was just the SS officers tactic to make them run. They also did anouther thing. It was a punishment if you did not run. The punishment was that if you did not run then you would get shot to death. So Elie kept saying that there were shots the was all around him. Because a lot of people could not run like that all day non-stop. Elie also said that he lost his good friend. His friend could not run much longer because he had a stomach cramp, and Elie said that when he looked back and his friend was dead, that was the last image that he had of him. But he did not dewell on it, because he said shorty after his friend just faded from his mind. But I think that Elie and his father are very strong and have good will power. Because they was able to push through all that stuff. I know if I had to run forty-two miles in one day. Well I would not be able to, so I give a pat on the back for their strength. Then unce they ran they could not go to sleep in the snow. Because Elie’s father said that unce you go to sleep in the fluffy snow there is a good chance that you will sleep for ever. Now that makes no sense to me. You would think that they would not be able to sleep on the snow because it is freezing. I know I wouldn’t be able to sleep in the snow. But I like this book and I think that the last two chapters were best. They just seemed to answer all my questions. Razz

Harley

Back to top Go down

Chapter six & seven Empty Re: Chapter six & seven

Post by Superman Wed Apr 08 2009, 10:13

I agree with her that these chapters were a whole lot easier to understand than the others so far. I think it was sick to see how the SS would call them names and stuff. They made them run non stop for a whole day. And if they did stop they would be shot to death. So they didnt really have many choices. They had to run or die. Its not that hard. But what about the people who werent capable to run. Thats just terrible that they dont care and would just shoot them to death with no remorse. I do know one thing is that i could not have been one of them SS officers. I dont think i could have shot them. It wouldnt be in me to do something that cruel. Sick people!!!

Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by Savannah:) Wed Apr 08 2009, 10:22

I agree with harley. There was not a single part in either of these chapters that confused me or that made absolutley no sense. It said by the end of ONE day they ran 42 miles. Im curious to know how many mile they ran through this entire book. If they had to run 42 miles everyday then that is just completely ridiculous! I feel really bad for the people who were not in shape because they werent used to running and they had a good risk of passing out. I am suprised that there was only one boy in the book who had a stomach cramp.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Apr 09 2009, 11:24

I agree I think these two chapters were easier to understand. I thought it was sad how they had to keep running and if they didnt they would get shot.But I also think that it showed how much will power the jews ecspecially Elie had. I wonder if eveyone would work that hard if they knew their life was in danger . That was a long time to be running they ran all day and I agree with harley forty two miles seems like forever and the whole time they were running they were having hateful things said to them.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down