Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter one

4 posters

Go down

Chapter one Empty Chapter one

Post by Kevin Tue Mar 31 2009, 07:33

Chapter one was very interesting and long. It got off to a slow start and had me confused in the beginning but got better. I remember when we were watching the video on the Hitler youth and we were wondering why the Jews didn’t try to stop it or fight back it tells you why in the book. When the police came at first they were nice and everything seemed ok. I thought it was a little odd how optimistic the Jews stayed. They had an excuse for everything that happened to them. I just don’t think I could have stayed that positive through all of that. They were forced out of their homes they couldn’t practice their religion in their synagogues. Everything was going downhill and they still thought it was for their own good and that everything was going to be ok. They were even warned about the horrible things that were going to happen to them. It also struck me odd when they had the chance to leave they didn’t take it. I would have taken it without thinking twice about it. It was sad that the Jews had honestly done nothing but lived their lives and their now about to be punished. If the Jews had police of their own I don’t understand why they didn’t try to help them. Also when the Elie told his dad they should move and his dad said it’s too late to start over somewhere new it upset me because if he would have listened to his son they probably could have been safe and not packed in to trains. And plus I always tell my parents to do stuff and they don’t listen to me.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Chapter one Empty I AGREE ! ! !

Post by Harley Tue Mar 31 2009, 10:59

I agree wit Kevin because in the beginning it was very hard to understand. And it didn’t really capture our attention right off the bat. And I was very confused. He is also right about how when we watched the movie we also had a lot of questions. But now that we read the first chapter, it answers most of our questions. But I also thought it was strange how the people stayed so bright and held their heads high through the whole thing; because that was not an easy battle to be fighting at the time. But everything Kevin said I totally agree with.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE ! ! !

Harley

Back to top Go down

Chapter one Empty Chapter one reply

Post by Savannah:) Tue Mar 31 2009, 12:34

I also agree with Harley and Kevin. This chapter made me want to read more because it kinda left off at a suspenceful part. I loved the fact that no matter what they always stayed positive. Whenever there were forced to move they didnt fight back or argue with anyone; they accepted that they had to leave and just went on with their day. At the beginning of this chapter i was very confused and i had no clue what it was leading up to but now that i had read the first chapter i am super excited to see what is going to happen with Elie and his family next!

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Chapter one Empty Kelly patram....

Post by KP3 Fri Apr 03 2009, 12:23

I will have to agree with y'all too. I feel that the beginning of the book was very confusing and that it was sort of hard to comprehend. After the first 6 pages of chapter one i started to get into the book and started to understand. I didn't understand who the narrator was but now i understand that it's Elie. I like this book a lot and am excited about chapters 2 and 3!

KP3

Back to top Go down

Chapter one Empty Re: Chapter one

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down