Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

3 posters

Go down

Chapter One Empty Chapter One

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 02 2009, 08:32

The book starts out a little boring but as I read further into the chapter it started to get better. One of the parts that stood out most to me was when Elie went to peoples homes and told them they would have to leave. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be woken up in the middle of the night,and told that I would have to leave my home. They also could not take a lot of their things with them. I would also imagine that it was hard for Elie to tell people that. Another part that caught my attention was when everyone had to stand out in the middle of the street. Not only did they have to stand out there for hours, but it was also very hot. I can imagine that was a very hard thing for them to do. I'm not sure what I would have done in a situation like that. As you are reading you can tell how hard it is for all these people. I think the parents had it the hardest. They were worried about their children, not knowing if anything was going to happen to them. I think it was also hard for the children because they most likely didn't know what was happening. It is easy to tell that we will be able to read about how Elie changes through out the book. He will most likely be a lot different at the end of the book. When you read about things like this in a history book,and then read about it from this point of view it seems so much different.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Angie:) Fri Apr 03 2009, 00:25

The book really didn't catch my attention at first either.
I think it's ridiculous that they couldnt find a more acceptable time to tell them that they would have to move. They could have just as easily told them at noon, and given them the same 24-hour notice. I also would've been really angry at the Nazi police for making me stand in the street, in the hot sun, with no water or food. I sure I would have refused to stand there long. I'm very stubborn and I refuse to do anything that makes me feel like I am being treated unfairly.

I would worry so bad about my family's safety. I don't think I could concentrate on anything else. I love my family unconditionally and losing one of them, or seeing them hurt like that would cause some serious heartbreak on my part.

I agree with being changed by the circumstances. I would have a lot of emotionaly struggles with my self, as well as many transformations, and I wouldn't be the same person at all.

I don't like history books because things seem so impersonal.
You can't feel emotion in history books. But reading it from a REAL persons point of view makes it feel more real.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Chapter 1: Reply

Post by iaasbntaylorb Fri Apr 03 2009, 08:46

I do agree that the book starts slowly and very confusing. I also agree that it would be hard to stand in the middle of the street in the hot, very helpless. You say you don’t know what you would of done in that situation. I would of hide in the house. I couldn’t fathom what it would be like to just give yourself up like that to the policemen. It also is really different reading from a history book than a real life situation. It gives you more of a perspective of what it is really like to be in that situation.

Taylor B.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

Chapter One Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down