Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 4&5

+3
FatherTime
Cicily
(: tania
7 posters

Go down

chapter 4&5 Empty chapter 4&5

Post by (: tania Mon Apr 06 2009, 01:36

These two chapters were so hard to read. I didn’t understand when Elie said that the leader of the camp loved children. Later he said that “there was a considerable traffic in children among homosexuals. I don’t get it did the sexually abuse the children too? I can’t imagine someone doing these horrible things to poor innocent people. Elie has been through also he witness the execution of somebody and has even tasted the soup that tasted like corpses. He has also gotten a beaten by his leader for discovering him with a young girl. He’s been getting able to get through all the inspections. On the eve of Rosh Hashanah they did a small prayer. However Elie refused he would ask why I should bless him. Why was he letting all these horrible things happen? As a sign of protest he refused to fast. Which I think it was a smart decision because he was already weak and if didn’t eat he was only make his death faster. This reminds me of me and my family one thanksgiving. I was mad because my parents were being strict so I started yelling and that night I refused to eat. Maybe it’s not as bad as what happened to Elie but I could feel what was happening to him. How he felt helpless as if god didn’t care about him or anybody. Elie had to get surgery on his foot if he didn’t it would have to be amputated. His doctor was very kind and caring. However everybody had to evacuate the camp and move out because the Russians were coming. Elie had the decision to leave or stay in the hospital with his father. He decided to leave not fully recovered late he found out that the people there were liberated by the Russians two days after the evacuation, now he’s going to go somewhere new. I feel so bad for him. I would like to know what happened to his mom and sister. I don’t know but I get the impression that he doesn’t care about them. It seems like he doesn’t mentions them at all. This make me feel bad because I know that I would be crushed without my mom or my sisters and the fact that he doesn’t mentions them seems that he forgot or simply lost faith.

Back to top Go down

chapter 4&5 Empty Re: chapter 4&5

Post by Cicily Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:34

I had the same feeling about him and his Mother and sister. I was wondering why he never mentions them, how he never wondered what happened to them. I guess he just jumped to the conclusion that they were sent to the crematory and didnt waste his energy worrying about them. The part about the man being a child molester or something really stood out to me because it was just something else to have thrown at me that i have to read and take in. It was all just too awful.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherTime Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:11

I also had a hard time reading chapters 4 and 5 because there was a lot of just horrible things happening. I just don't understand what the reason was behind sexually abusing these innocent girls. And being feed a soup that tasted of the fallin bodies was completely digusting. I think he still cares and thinks a little about what has become of his sister and mother but doesn't talk to much about it because it would just bring him down and he might give up.

FatherTime

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:19

i did not understand the part either about the homosexuals I knew there were some the fact that they alwayz had to take there clothes off i dont know why. He probably have lost faith in them because he does not talk about them at all. He might would not have mentioned them because he did not want to remind himself on how sadd he was or would be. I would not have fast either because i would have been angry and hungry too. He has survivded this long, him and his father, so there must be some faith in him if he dont believe in anything.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by nicole Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:27

I think these two chapters were hard to read as well. I also am wondering why he doesn't ever mention his mom and sister, I know he is thinking about them all the time and he is probably wondering if they are still alive. I don't understand the part about him killing kids that he supposably "loves", it just doesn't make since. I would not be able to go on knowing that I could be eating my friend, my uncle or any human person, that is so messed up and discusting. I liked these two chapters overall though.

(I'm not in your group but nobody did it in mine and I'm not getting a zero because of them) Very Happy

nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Tue Apr 07 2009, 11:52

omg nicole! ahahaha lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07 2009, 13:14

Nicole, that was very proactive of you. Thanks for taking the initiative to reply even though responses hadn't been posted for your group yet.

Admin
Admin

http://night.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:29

flower

James

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:29

farao