Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James' post chapter 1

4 posters

Go down

James' post chapter 1 Empty James' post chapter 1

Post by Admin Wed Mar 25 2009, 21:37

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 03 2009, 11:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : James' posts and responses)

Admin
Admin

http://night.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

James' post chapter 1 Empty chapter 1 thoughts

Post by James Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:43

in the first paragraph, i thought it was a little confusing at first then as i progressed in the story, i understood it better.I think that Moche the Beadle would be a humble man that was out in the center of town everyday just sitting there and living his life. I would also think that he could play the role of the misterious character that would do somthing great that the reder would never suspect. Why did the story start out with this mans name? I wonder if he important to the story? i also had other questions about the first chapter, such as why was the synagogue destroyed? Also one of the quotes that stood out to me was what Moche the Beadle said "Man Raises himself toward God by the qustions he asks him" i think that this quote mean that people ask for to many things from god instead of thanking him for the things he has done for us. Another quote that popped out was "There are a thousand and one gates leading to the orchard of mistical truth" why did he say One thousand and ONE??. Can someone help me out and tell me what this quote means? One thing that disturbed me while reading this chapter was when it said that babies were used as targets for the gunners of war. And the last question i have is why did the tailor want to be killed in front of his sons? But all in all i think that the first paragraph was interesting and i think this book is going to be good.

James

Back to top Go down

James' post chapter 1 Empty Re: James' post chapter 1

Post by Cicily Tue Mar 31 2009, 11:57

I think that Moche the Beadle was used to begin the story because it showed an example of how people reacted too slowly on what was going to happen. Moche tried to warn the others and nobody believed him. Therefore, nobody was able to protect themselves and run away from Germany. The tailor wanted to be killed first before his sons, because he did not want to see his sons die. He would have rather been taken first, than watch them be murdered. And it is very disturbing on how the Germans went about the executions. I cannot comprehend the pure hatred and inhumanity these Nazis were capable of producing. Why would anyone in this world be so cruel and not have their conscience haunt them?

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Tue Mar 31 2009, 21:43

I like the same quote that you said "There are a thousand and one gates leading to the orchard of mistical truth" and what i think it means is that there are alot of ways no matter which one it is you will be led to the orchard. Thats what i think it means. The tailor wanted to be murdered in front of his sons because he did not want to see them die first. He would have been heartbrokn and sad. I am also concerened why did Moche was the only one who was taken apart from evryone else.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down