Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 4&5 response

4 posters

Go down

chapter 4&5 response Empty chapter 4&5 response

Post by d-miller Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:42

• chapter4 In this chapter elie is transfer to a new jail. And he also talks about the daily routine in the concentration camp. I thought chapter 4 was very or a little bit more relaxed then chapters 1-3 it shows that he still hates it but, its less fearsome and and scary then when he arrived there!!!

• Chapter5 in this chapter starts at the end of the jewish year , or in elie's mind the last day for jews. Elie and many other jews thought it could be their last day of reckoning. It's greatful for elie to get though that first year of turmoil because alot of jews died with a few days when they arrived there, or in some cases they were killed on the day they arrived!!!

d-miller

Back to top Go down

chapter 4&5 response Empty Re: chapter 4&5 response

Post by nicole Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:21

I also thought that chapter 4 was more relaxed than chapters one thru three. I think Elie was more scared in the fifth chapter when he thought he was going to lose his dad then any time before in the book. I think it is horrible that Hitler got so many people to kill so many people especially after they did nothing to him. I don't understand how he can tell a Jewish person from any other kind because all people look different, all Jewish people don't look the same. I liked the 4th chapter the best so far because it was very unexpected.

nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicspeed Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:35

I agree with nicoles responds becouse I also a thought that chapter 4 was more relaxed than chapters one thru three but in someparts it wasn’t becouse so far they been though a lot still in this chapter.elie was really scared becouse he thought in the selection he was really going to loose his dad.and in chapter 4 he was scared that he was going to loose his golden tooth that he had.i guess its kind of relaxed then the other chapter but its still just the beginning of his life.

sonicspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by aleah Sat Apr 11 2009, 00:16

I like this chapter beause it kind of gave the book a new hope. Well only for a second. But it was nice to cut away from the suspense. It was sad how everyone had this hope for the new Year to bring freedom or something better than what they were experiencing then elie could care less. Even now, people have expectations for the New Year and hope to better themselves and make resolutions, but when you've been in a situation for so long that isn't bettering you as a person, things change and you start to not look at life with hope.

aleah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down