Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters six and seven!

4 posters

Go down

Chapters six and seven! Empty Chapters six and seven!

Post by Angie:) Wed Apr 08 2009, 05:50

I feel bad that they had to run in the snow. Elie was already hurt, and they were all so weak. I have never had to experience starvation, or over exhaustion for that matter. A lot of us don't really realize how fortunate we are to not have to experience things like that. It made me really sad that so many people just fell asleep and never woke up, they didn't even get a burial or anything. They were just tossed to the side like they were worthless.

It was so inhumane, how they shoved so many of them into the barracks, forcing them to suffocate each other and step on each other when they were all barely hanging on anyway. When Juliek was playing his violin, I feel like this was the last shred of hope. Elie said "It was like he would never play again." Juliek had nothing left to live for, but for his violin. He had just given up, and I feel like he had given Elie a little more emotional strength when he played that last time.

I was really relieved when Elie had gotten his father away from the selection. He has tried so hard to keep him alive, and he has really tried to keep them together. It would've probably killed Elie if his father was taken away at this point. When they were throwing the dead bodies off the wagon, and they tried to take his father, Elie was basically pleading for his fathers life.

It's so dissappointing that they could hear the gun shots and everything from where they were staying, right as they thought they would be liberated, they were forced to move again...

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapters six and seven! Empty relpy to ANGIEE :)

Post by amber Wed Apr 08 2009, 08:37

I don't think that i would have lasted very long if I had to do that much running, especially when it was pouring down snow! I, too, have never experienced staravtion or over-exhastion. I think we are very lucky for what we have and to be free. I was pretty sad when he said that people would fall asleep and would never wake up again.

I also thought it was horrible when they jsut shoved them in barracks like they were animals. I don't think I could handle a bunch of people in one space with me like that, and people dying. I thought it was bad when they just threw the dead people out in the snow, just lying there.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Chapters six and seven! Empty Re: Chapters six and seven!

Post by stutts#4 Wed Apr 08 2009, 11:15

I agree with angie. Every one was so weak and praccticaly helpless. I think that after reading this book everyone in this class is very thankful that we didnt have to like in this time; we do not have to starve and be over-exhausted from runing mile after mile everyday. Elie was very driven. No matter who told him that his father was going to die, he didnt give up. I think that he knows that his father is the only thing he has left anymore and he doesnt want to lose him too.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Chapters six and seven! Empty Reply

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 09 2009, 12:29

I don't think that I would have lasted long if I had to run as much as they did. I also don't think that we realize how fortunate we are. Leaving everyone there who died there was sad. It was sad when Juliek was playing his violin. When you think about what it must have been like to be suffocate under other bodies it's a scary thought. I believe that if Elie had lost his father he would have just given up. I am also glad that Elie was about to save his father from the selection. I didn't think that he would see his father again when they said that he had not passed.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapters six and seven! Empty Re: Chapters six and seven!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down