Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapters 6 & 7

3 posters

Go down

chapters 6 & 7 Empty chapters 6 & 7

Post by FatherTime Thu Apr 09 2009, 08:57

These chapters were easier to read then the previous because they weren't as graphic. It is unbelievable that these men ran for like 42 miles straight. No food or water for three days and it was a crazy blizzard out there. I would have given up on running about miles into it. It was kind of sad when Rabbi was looking for his son and then to here that rabbi's son didnt want to be with him for his own safety was harsh.
Then in chapter 7 they show how savage the jews were getting. Fighting and killing over bread crumbs sounds ridiculus but I guess when you have been living off of praticly nothing for so long a couple bread crumbs seems like more than it is. It was crazy how they just piled them into the barracks almost suffocating each other even when they were barely alive to begin with. It was awesome when Elie retreived his father from selection. I don't think elie would have made it if his father was taken away from him. I know I would hav given up right there if my father had been taken away. Its the only person that elie still has and losing him would have been devastating. When they were trying to throw elie's dad off the wagon it was like elie was not only fighting for his dad's life but his too. And then when they thought it was over and liberation was coming they end up moving again. I can't wait to see what the new camp has in store for elie.

FatherTime

Back to top Go down

chapters 6 & 7 Empty Re: chapters 6 & 7

Post by katie(: Thu Apr 09 2009, 10:08

I think that all the chapters were equally hard to read because they were all telling about how families get taken away from there family and the journey to save there life. I like when you said "When they were trying to throw Elie's dad off the wagon it was like elie was not only fighting for his dad's life but his too." I agree with that 100%! without Elie's dad i don't think he could have moved on and he would have soon gave up, because without his father i think he was nothing.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Thu Apr 09 2009, 11:51

The chapters were a little easier to read and i have to say that i have felt sorry for the all the people in the book and everyone he talks about an everyone who was not in the book. People should not have to go through the snow and the fighting over bread and waking up to people strangling you for no reason. Elie was fighting for both of their lives. But i doubt his father lives till the end so he had to hav went on without him. I think the trains should have had a top to them at least they could do.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down