Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 6 and 7

Go down

Chapters 6 and 7 Empty Chapters 6 and 7

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 09 2009, 08:46

I thought that it was horrible that they had to run in the snow for over 42 miles and Elie's foot was hurt. I don't think I would be able to run 42 miles. It was horrible the way they would shoot people if they were not running fast enough. I thought it was sad when all Juliek had was his violin. When Elie was talking about how Juliek was playing his violin and then when he woke up he was dead. I thought that was one was one of the saddest parts in chapter six. "Whenever I hear Beethoven played my eyes close and out of the dark rises the sad, pale face of my Polish friend...". You can tell that Juliek is someone Elie remembers very well. It's sad that they were not given much of anything to eat. When they were on the train and they started thowing the dead bodies out, I was a little worried. I thought that Elie would not be able to wake his father. I thought that it was cruel the way people were throwing bread into the train just to see the people fight over it. They were treating them like they weren't even human. I thought it was horrible that one man killed his own father for a little bit of bread. At this point in the story his father is the only thing that is keeping him from giving up. If Elie was to lose is father I think that he would just give up.

Jessica

Back to top Go down