Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 8&9

3 posters

Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty chapter 8&9

Post by stutts#4 Wed Apr 08 2009, 11:41

When his father died in chapter eight i was absolutely devistated. I can only imagine how Elie feels. I guess since my dad and i are best friends it just makes me so upset that Elie has to deal with the death of is father. In a way i dont feel very bad though. Elie was being so rude and selfish. He was hoping that his father would die so that he would have less to worry about. Who would do that? Im glad that he felt guilty because not onlny did he think that he wanted his father to pass but he kept helping him. In a way that is kind of hypocritical. I was a little confused as to why Elie went to a children camp after his father past. I thought that i was kind of mean for the head of the block to tell Elie to quit helping his father. If you really love someone like Elie loved his father then you cant just sit there and watch them die without trying to do anythin to help them. Another part that a didnt really understand is why water was bad for Elie's dad. I thought that even if you could drink anything else you could always have water. And i thought that Water was the best, thing to drink, for your health. I wonder what exactly was going through Elie's mind when he found out that he was going to be released. Was he happy? Was he sad? Did he not care at all?

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty reply

Post by amber Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:42

I was really upset when his father died too. It made me feel worse for Elie. He went through everything with his father by his side, and he ends up dying. I couldn't stand being alone like that. I don't think Elie was being rude and selfish. He didn't want his father to die. In fact, he tried to prevent him from dying, and tried to make him keep going. He was trying to convince his father to not give up on living. He just had a thought of extra food and water, but he realized that is was wrong and continuing taking care of him. I know he felt horrible that morning when he woke up, and not seeing his father.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty Re: chapter 8&9

Post by iaasbntaylorb Fri Apr 10 2009, 11:12

When he died I was upset also. Yeah I had little pity on him, because he wanted his father to die, so he could have portions of food. I don’t get that he wanted him to die but wanted to keep helping him. I think his mind must got messed up being in those concentration camps so long. I don’t think he really care when he got out he was so calm about it and he still just cared about food. Im not sure either.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty Re: chapter 8&9

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down