Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 6&7

2 posters

Go down

chapter 6&7 Empty chapter 6&7

Post by stutts#4 Wed Apr 08 2009, 08:31

Chapter six and seven were so unreal. It was crude for the SS officers to make the prosoners run in the snow while they got to take turns. The prisoners never got to walk or take a break so i dont see why they got to. Everything is just getting worse. Elie foot is so numb that it doesnt even feel likes he is using it. When he thought that his father was dead it was devistating to me because my father and i are so close that i would literaly die if i had to sit beside him while he was dieing. Another part that really seemed to effect me was the little boy who was running beside Elie. He went as far as he could and Elie encouraged him as much as he could but the little boy just couldnt take it any longer. To just sit there and watch someone so young be trampled by thousands of prisoners would break me down. I would be scared to sleep if i knew that there was a chance that i may not wake up. I would be even more scared to sleep if i woke up one time and there was someone i didnt even know choking me. Elie and his father did not want to see anyone die. I could tell because when someone would come to them and say that they couldnt go on any longer they would always try to talk to them and help them. They tried to convince them that everything would be over soon.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

chapter 6&7 Empty reply

Post by amber Wed Apr 08 2009, 08:49

I agree when you said that the SS officers shouldn't get a break because the people didn't get to. That proves that those people were stronger in many ways. Just because the SS officers had a gun, doesn't make them superior. I thought at first that the father had died, and I was surprised when Elie had slapped him, he woke up. He was probably on the verge of dying...I would also hate to be by my fathers side while he was slipping away every minute. I would also be scared to fall asleep, but many people we so over-exhausted that they couldn't resist. I think it would be hard for me to not fall asleep if I was in that situation.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down