Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chapter 8&9

4 posters

Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty chapter 8&9

Post by sunshine Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:21

chapter 8
i actually read the whole chapter this time and it was very sad. i almost cried when elie's father say's "i cant go on...this is the end...im gonna die here..."i hated that part and everything it was too sad this whole book was too sad. Crying or Very sad
chapter 9
this chapter was very short but very good i hated the last sentence of the book."the look in his eyes, as they stared into mine, has never left me." i wouldn't be able to look into the mirror after everything that's went on. to see a dead face stare at me through my own face uhah i wouldn't be able to do it. Crying or Very sad

sunshine

Back to top Go down

chapter 8&9 Empty Re: chapter 8&9

Post by sonicspeed Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:43

i understand when you come from it really scared for the same reason you said i mean i would not be able to take a look at myself for a while couse it would make me think what i went trough that is really sad how the books end what happens to his dad to my opinion i did not like the ending becouse it really makes me think alot of question.

sonicspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by aleah Fri Apr 10 2009, 05:28

I cant believe you almost cried! yes, it did make my heart heavy as well. And its very moving. Its always a hard thing to see someone you love in a position or prediciment in which they cannot help but stay in. It was even more sad because we knew Elies father to be a very strong and stern man. Yeah it would be pretty horrible to see yourself after such a catastrophe.

aleah

Back to top Go down

Post by nicole Fri Apr 10 2009, 06:10

I think this chapter was very sad too. The whole book was sad to me too, i hated the part where Elie's father died, I think that was probably the saddest part of the whole book other than when Elie said "But I did not realize that I would be parting from my mother and sister forever", I would never be able to do that. I actually liked the last sentence of this book, I thought it was a great closing sentence for both the chapter and the book. I would not be able to look at a dead face staring back at me either.

nicole

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down