Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 4 and 5!

5 posters

Go down

Chapters 4 and 5! Empty Chapters 4 and 5!

Post by Cicily Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:29

In chapter 4 Elie has to go the dentist because he has a toothache. The dentist tells him he had to give up his crown and then another man made a deal with him and tries to force him to give him his gold crown. Elie didn't listen to the dentist or negociate with the man, which i thought was very risky and it's something i would not have done. I would have been too worried of being punished for not giving it up. Elie is also whipped in this chapter and it shows how strong he is. Idek beat him because he caught Idek and a woman together. Elie took his beating and fainted form the pain. I think that this was way too much of a punishment, because Elie wasn't even in the wrong, it was Idek.

In chapter five, Elie feels like he is nothing. He feels he is no longer human, he has turned into ashes. I understand Elie's feelings, and i'm impressed by his strength. I know that i would not have been able to survive like he did. I would have given up as soon as I didnt feel human anymore. I would not have wanted to be trapped there feeling like i do not matter to the world and that i was just something they would put into the crematory and burn later. I know I couldn't handle that.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4 and 5! Empty Re: Chapters 4 and 5!

Post by James Tue Apr 07 2009, 10:30

i agree with u, this is somewhat somthing like i wrote. I think that elie is a strong person as well due to the circumstances!

James

Back to top Go down

Post by katie(: Tue Apr 07 2009, 11:16

i agree when you say that the punishment that Elie received from Idek was totally not right. Idek was the one in the wrong why on earth did Elie have to get beaten for that, that was just dumb. I also agree when you say that it was risky for him to negotiate with the man about his tooth. I would have just gave up and let him have my tooth because if they found out he was lying he would have gotten into much worse trouble. But i think that Wlie is very brave for being able to go through what he has.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Tue Apr 07 2009, 12:10

I agree with Cicily I wouldn’t have disobeyed the orders of giving up my crown I mean I can understand Elie and why he did it but If I saw the things Elie saw I wouldn’t think if they’re capable of doing those things they are probably going to do worse to me. I would hate to be in his shoes he has to go against everything and everybody. Just thinking that thousands of people had to go through this makes me so sad, I think that Elie is finding courage and bravery deep down in his heart b/c even thought he doesn’t mention his mom and sister I know he thinks about them every day. This gives him the strength he need.

(: tania

Back to top Go down

Post by (: tania Tue Apr 07 2009, 12:10

I agree with Cicily I wouldn’t have disobeyed the orders of giving up my crown I mean I can understand Elie and why he did it but If I saw the things Elie saw I wouldn’t think if they’re capable of doing those things they are probably going to do worse to me. I would hate to be in his shoes he has to go against everything and everybody. Just thinking that thousands of people had to go through this makes me so sad, I think that Elie is finding courage and bravery deep down in his heart b/c even thought he doesn’t mention his mom and sister I know he thinks about them every day. This gives him the strength he need.

(: tania

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Tue Apr 07 2009, 12:57

i think that if i was in his situation i would have easily givin up my gold tooth and would have not argued with the dude. I probably would have gave it up the first time the first dentist asked for it . Idek should have not beaten him up like that and if that was me i would have been wanting to get him back i know he probably thought or thinks about it because that would have made me mad if it were me. I agree Elie is strong and i wouldnt have lasted cause i probably wouldnt have ate the soup so i would have died of starving.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down