Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 4 & 5

4 posters

Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty Chapters 4 & 5

Post by Angie:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:34

I think that these two chapters were the most interesting so far. I honestly don't think I could deal with how they were treated, and the awful things that happened. I can't believe that they would take their gold crowns and fillings. That's pretty ridiculous and cruel, considering those people weren't real dentists and they didn't have the proper equipment. I don't even like the dentist that I go to, with all the technology and shots to make you numb. Going through a procedure with no medication would probably make me pass out.

The night that they hung the boy in the gallows, Elie said that "The soup tasted like corpses." This kind of makes me sick. It's so sad that people died like that. It would be hard to stand there, and be expected to look the dying man in the face. I would be hysterical.

When Kapo beat Elie in the warehouse, i felt really bad for him. I understand that Kapo was a little loopy, but I don't think that it's right to beat people just because you got caught doing something you weren't supposed to do. It wasn't Elie's fault. I'm glad that the "Arian" girl talked to him, I think that he would have given up then and there if she hadn't of been there for him.

The selection was like, nail-biting to read. It was hard to imagine that after everything, he would have to leave him father. And then after he hurt his foot, he could've gotten liberated in the hostipal, but he chose to stay with his father. That takes some serious courage and guts. It also take real love I think. I would be a really hard decision to make.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty Re: Chapters 4 & 5

Post by amber Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:41

I thought that they were treated horribly also. I thought the dentist thing was disgusting. I don't think I could bare having a tooth pulled out with a rusty spoon. It made me gag just thinking about Elie lying there, with them torturing him like that. I also hate the dentist and i've had a lot of procedures done on me. I couldn't suffer through the pain like Elie did.

I was also very impressed with the realtionship between Elie and his father because Elie could have stayed in the hospital with a bad foot, but he didn't. He cared about his father too much to just leave him alone like that. I agree that it takes a lot of love and courage.

Amber

Last edited by amber on Tue Apr 07 2009, 11:01; edited 2 times in total

amber

Back to top Go down

Post by stutts#4 Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:37

I think that the "dentists" were selfish for taking their gold crowns. First off they werent real doctors and Secondly they were using the money for their own needs and profits. The soup tasting like corpes makes me sick too. It makes me thankful that i will never have to go through any of this and to know that i will never have to eat soup that taste like the dead body of someone i once knew. I could tell that he loved his father dearly and that he would do anything for him because even though he had a lame foot he still tried his hardest to be with his dad,

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Post by iaasbntaylorb Tue Apr 07 2009, 12:30

I agree they were the most interesting so far. It was ridiculous that they took people crowns and filling out. I think they are just savages! I also hate going to the dentist even though they have all that fancy equipment. I couldn’t even fathom the thoughts that were going through these peoples mind. The soup with the taste of corpses, its just disgusting. Then they made you stand there and look at dead peoples face. It would be hard for me to stand there too.

I agree that it wasn’t right to beat him because he was got caught doing something he wasn’t supposed to. I glad she talked to him; I think she helped him pull through sort of.

The selections were nail-biting. I agree that it must have been really hard for him to leave his father and then hurt his foot. I know it took a lot of courage.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down