Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 4 & 5

5 posters

Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty Chapters 4 & 5

Post by Superman Tue Apr 07 2009, 00:44

These two chapters were very hard to read. Some of the stuff in these chapters confused me. One thing that got to me was reading about how bad they were treated. It was terrible how they were treated. That one time Elie got beaten so bad that he was bleeding. I cant gbelieve a grown man could beat up a little kid who is two times smaller than him. And that was the last time he was beaten either. Elie was being nosy one day he didnt have work and ventured off and saw Kapo with a young girl in his bed. Japo was really mad this time. He gave 25 lashes on his back from a whip. This was a terrible thing to do to a little child. He will now be scarred for life. It will probably never heal. If i was Elie i probably would have tried to fight back or something. He took it like a man and I give him mad props for that. He had to be in alot of pain during that period of whips. He even passed out because the pain was so bad. The good thing was that he acutally healed but the scars would still be there for life. I would have killed that guy if i got whiped like that.

Superman

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty reply

Post by sunshine Tue Apr 07 2009, 02:42

i agree this book is very intersting and very hard to read.well,i think this book is very confusing and hard to get into.have fun reading the rest.

sunshine

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty I agree 100%

Post by Harley Tue Apr 07 2009, 07:14

I agree with you on the where you said that this book is very confusing. But I also agree with you when ever you were surprised about how they treated the Jewish people. I think that they treated them very disrespectful and did a lot of things to hurt them that was not necessary at the time. I also agree when you say that you can’t see how a grown man can beat a child to where he is bleeding. That is totally not called for. But I like you response, because I agree with you 100% on how all the abuse in this novel is not right or fair to the Jewish people that lived in that community.

Harley

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4 & 5 Empty Re: Chapters 4 & 5

Post by Savannah:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:21

I agree. The leaders in these chapters were heartless. They could care less how old or how young you are; if they think that you are doing one little thing wrong then you are going to get brutiely punished, no matter what. I do think that his back will eventually heal but i think that he will just have scars for the rest of his life. He will not only have physical scars but also mental scars. If i were Elie i wouldnt have fought back either because no one wouldve had his back and it most likely have cause him to be beaten more.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tue Apr 07 2009, 11:40

You would think that they would be treated better since they were being sent somewhere new but I guess not. It seems like they were treated worse in some ways. Actually alot of ways. I thought it was messed up that he had to get whipped for walking in on those two too.And I agree with you tyler if I were Elie I would have opened up a can too. But I hope everything gets better for elie and his dad and they stop getting the mess beat out of them.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down