Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 4&5

3 posters

Go down

Chapters 4&5 Empty Chapters 4&5

Post by TIGGERBABY! Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:04

These two chapters were good, but they were also confusing. One of the parts that confused me in the book was when Elie had to go to the doctor for his foot. Why did he have to go to the doctor anyway? When Elie’s dad was giving him the knife and spoon it symbolized that he was getting ready for anything to happen. Did he know he was about to die? I wonder why he gave his son a spoon. What was this a symbol of, and why did he keep it? When the people were hitting the prisoners it said that they received more blows than food, and they were crushed with work. So what was the purpose of them hitting them? Were they not listening? I still don’t think that they should hit them even if they weren’t listening. The prisoners went through, a lot of hard work and labor, so I think they should have got some kind of slack. Elie showed that he was a very strong person even when one of the guards gave him 25 whips. That wasn’t right for giving him 25 whips; the man shouldn’t have been trying to mess with the girl in the first place. One of my favorite quotes in the book was “Terror is stronger than hunger”. I like this quote because Elie was scared the whole time while at the camp but he never really showed it through fear. It makes me think that he would rather work and feel terrified than work to be hungry.

TIGGERBABY!

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4&5 Empty I AGREE

Post by Harley Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:17

I agree with you on the where you said that this book is very confusing. But I also agree with you when ever you were surprised about how they treated the Jewish people. I think that they treated them very disrespectful and did a lot of things to hurt them that was not necessary at the time. I also agree when you say that you can’t see how a grown man can beat a child to where he is bleeding. That is totally not called for. But I like you response, because I agree with you 100% on how all the abuse in this novel is not right or fair to the Jewish people that lived in that community.

Harley

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4&5 Empty Re: Chapters 4&5

Post by Savannah:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:29

Elie had to go to the doctor for his foot because it was swollen and it was making his entire leg hurt. I assume that the reason his foot was hurting so bad is because he is on his feet all day everyday and he may have had a slight cut that couldve gotten seriously infected. Another explaination could be that he was bitten by a poisonous sipder and not have known about it. I also like that quote. I think that it means that he is hungry but compared to how scared he is, being hungry is a small factor.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4&5 Empty Re: Chapters 4&5

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down