Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 6&7

3 posters

Go down

Chapter 6&7 Empty Chapter 6&7

Post by amber Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:34

Chapters 6 and 7 were easier for me read. I thought that they were less violent than the other chapters. I thought that in chapter 6, it was hard for the men to keep running like they did. They ran for more than 42 miles straight. I could see how hard it was on them, especially because it was snowing hard and all of the people were weak. They didn’t get any food or any water for 3 days. I would think that would be hard to continuously run for a few days and not eat or drink anything. I think it would be a horrible thin g to experience. I also thought that when Rabi Eliahou was looking for his son was sad. When Elie concluded the the rabbi's son wanted to get rid of his father for his own chance of survival was shocking to me. If I was in this type of situation, family would be the main key of survival for me. Family would be the reason for me to keep struggling.

In chapter 7, I was shocked by how violent people were, just for little bread crumbs. I thought it was horrible when that guy killed his won father for some food. When he was describing what people were doing to each other for the food, I felt awful for them. They had to wrestle each other for little crumbs. Everybody had turned into savages. I would hate to be a person in the cart, just watching people fight over the food. I think Elie had made a good decision to not get into the fight between the bread crumbs. I think if he did, he might have not made it.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6&7 Empty Re: Chapter 6&7

Post by stutts#4 Wed Apr 08 2009, 11:20

I also thought that they were a lot less violent but these chapters were just cruel. Like no one even cared about the people they had been live with for the last few years. Im sure that there were some men who just gave up because they couldnt run anymore. I wouldve had to stop after the first two miles or so because of how bad my knees are. I was shocked when the Rabbi's son wanted to get rid of him too! Elie was trying his hardest to stay with his father but the Rabbi's son was trying to get rid of his father.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6&7 Empty Reply

Post by Jessica Thu Apr 09 2009, 12:12

I also think that it was less violent, but much more cruel. I agree with you that it must have been hard for them to run that much in the snow with no food or water for that long. I was also shocked when the you find out that the rabbi's son wanted to get rid of his father. The guy who killed his father for a little bit of bread, I also thought was horrible. I thought it was horrible that they were fighting over such a small amount of food. I also thought it was a good idea that Elie did not try to fight for some bread crumbs.

Jessica

Back to top Go down

Chapter 6&7 Empty Re: Chapter 6&7

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down