Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 8 & 9.

4 posters

Go down

Chapters 8 & 9. Empty Chapters 8 & 9.

Post by katie(: Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:26

Elie's father dies near the end of the book! I could not believe that, and he was still going on, i would never be able to go on if my support person was no longer woth me. When Elie came to his bunk and his father was no longer there, i dont think he was dead yet i think they just got tired of the "extra weight" and so they took him to the creamatory. This is hard to believe because i could never go on knowing that my father/mother was burned in the creamatory. At least his father wasn't suffering anymore and Elie could really focus on him and getting out of Auswhitz safely. I felt horible when Elie got bad thoughts about his father, saying i need the extra soup and water and maybe it would be good to see him go, i won't have to worry about him so much. That really hurt even for me becuase no matter how bad things are i would alwasy want to stick through the hard times with the one person who had been there with me through it all. I was relived when the American tank came through! i was so happy for them and that they no longer had to suffer in the camps. I was sad though because i feel that if Elies father had held on a little longer maybe he could have been saved too? But at least Elie got out.
I still want to know what happend to his mother and sister, and what there story was.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Chapters 8 & 9. Empty Re: Chapters 8 & 9.

Post by Cicily Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:30

I thought Elie's father was going to live too. But it did not surprise me that he felt relieved after knowing his father passed. I mean, sons killed their own dads to get a crumb of bread. At least Elie didn't kill his father. I don't think Elie's father would have made it anyway, he was so sick. And it was sort of a mixed feeling when the tanks came through because they were finally free, but maybe the Nazis in other concentration camps were going to kill off as many Jews as possible before the tanks got to where they were?

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by FatherTime Fri Apr 10 2009, 11:43

It was so sad when his father died. I wouldnt be able to go on either cause i would feel so lonely. When they came and took his fathers body i think he was already dead or they thought he was dead because i dont think the germans would waste there time with someone that was still alive. Odly enough, it didnt bother me when elie started to think about the personal benefits from his fathers death because now he can start thinking about how he can survive until liberation. I was completely relieved when the americans came and, like you said, if only his father could have made it a little longer. I also want to see what happened to his sister and mother.

FatherTime

Back to top Go down

Post by ronbon Fri Apr 10 2009, 12:38

It was sad however though but the way we say would feel isnt what he is feeling because he didnt think twice about his father when he woke up without him living. I was also happy for them when they saw the american tank and was glad that the book was over because most of the chapters were hard to read because of the things happeing. Elie must had a hard time writing this and reliving the things he remember and the faces he saw and wont forget that that was the last time he saw those faces and some were horrible thoughts.

ronbon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down