Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTERS 8 & 9

3 posters

Go down

CHAPTERS 8 & 9 Empty CHAPTERS 8 & 9

Post by kaila_ds Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:26

CHAPTERS EIGHT AND NINE THE LAST TO CHAPTERS OF THIS BOOK WAS GOOD BUT ALSO SAD. WATCHING SOMEONE DYING SLOWLY IN FRONT OF YOU AND YOU KNOW YOU DID ALL THAT YOU CAN DO FOR THEM HAS TO BE HURTFUL. ELIE DID ALL HE COULD DO FOR HIS FATHER. EVEN WHEN SOMEONE SAID HES GONNA DIE ANYWAY SO YOU MITE AS WELL GO AHEAD AND TAKE THERE FOOD. A QUOTE THAT STOOD OUT TO ME WAS FOR A LONG TIMEN THIS ARGUMENT WENT ON. I FELT THAT I WAS NOT ARGIUNG WOTH HIM,BYT WITH DEATH ITSELF, WITH THE DEATH THAT HE HAD ALREADY CHOSEN" MAYBE ELIE WAS SAYING THAT HE KNEW THAT HIS FATHEER WAS GONNA DIE SO IT REALLY WAS'NT NO POINT IN ARGUING. ELIE WATCHED AS SOMEONE HIT HIS FATHER IN THE HEAD KNOWING THAT HE WAS DYING SLOWLY. ANOTHER QUOTE THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION WAS AT THE END OF CHAPTER NINE ELIE SAID "FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE MIRROR, A CORPSE GAZED BACK AT ME. THE LOOK IN HIS EYES, AS THEY STARED AT MINE, HAS NEVER LEFT ME. THIS WAS'NT THE ENDING THAT I WAS EXPECTING HE KIND OF SHOCK ME
THE ONLY THING THAT I COULD SAY WAS WOW! TO ME THIS MEANT THAT MAYBE HE SAW HIMSELF AS BEIND DEAD AND IT'S WAS AMAZING THAT HE SURVIVED SO I GUESS THAT GIVES HIM A DIFFERNT LOOK AT LIFE .

kaila_ds

Back to top Go down

CHAPTERS 8 & 9 Empty Re: CHAPTERS 8 & 9

Post by Savannah:) Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:37

I agree with kayle. If i was Elie and i had to sit there and watch someone that means the world to me suffer, i wouldn't even know how to act. It must have sucked knowing that there was just simply no way of making his father live. When you were talking about his quote at the end of chapter nine and how it shocked you, i didnt really understand it. It kind of made sense to me but then again it confused me. I was also suprised whenever he made it out of the camp alive.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

CHAPTERS 8 & 9 Empty HEYYYY

Post by Harley Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:38

I agree with you that the last two chapters were good, I liked them to. I also agree with you when ever you say that it would be hard to watch someone from my own family diw right in fromt of me. I would never ever be strong enough to that ever in my life time. I would just hate to see people that I love die right in front of me. I like how you picked that qoute from the book about death. I also like that qoute it stood out to me also. But I also think that it is wronge that they said to take his fathers food because he is ill and he will die sooner or later. I think that is just wronge if anything I think that he should have his food more then anyone else. But I like what all you had to say about these last two chapters and I totally agree with you on everything. GOOD JOB

Harley

Back to top Go down

CHAPTERS 8 & 9 Empty Re: CHAPTERS 8 & 9

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down