Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapters 4&5, Taylor B.

5 posters

Go down

Chapters 4&5, Taylor B. Empty Chapters 4&5, Taylor B.

Post by iaasbntaylorb Mon Apr 06 2009, 07:43

These chapters show a lot of things that went on in the concentration camp, Buna. The SS officers are real savages in this concentration camp. They pull out gold crown that people need. They don’t even think twice about it, and that they possibly can’t eat comfortably. They did something else that bothers me greatly. They hung people in front of all the prisoners, and then make them walk around them. Also that boy, when his chair tipped he was still alive and suffered. That is so unimaginable. Then that night Elie said “That night the soup tasted of corpses.” That is disgusting. One thing that shocked me was when everybody had to leave the area so that one of the SS officers could have sex with one of the girls. Another thing that shocked me was when they did the whole selection thing, it seemed to me more of a scare tactic them anything. I didn’t quite understand what they meant by the prisoners were to run when going to see the doctors of the selection. When it became winter there at the camp, and Elie's foot became swollen. I was sure that I knew he was going to die, when he went to the hospital. They took care of him in the hospital though. Later on in the book everyone had to evacuate the concentration camp that next day. Even though he wasn’t heal completely I’m glad he left so he wouldn’t be “Liberated by the Russians.” One thing that I like about the way Elie wrote it was when he added little information about the future. Like when he talks about the French girl, and the Hospital.

iaasbntaylorb

Back to top Go down

Chapters 4&5, Taylor B. Empty Re: Chapters 4&5, Taylor B.

Post by amber Mon Apr 06 2009, 09:00

It bothered me also when they were pulling out the gold crown the the people's teeth. I thought it was horrible that they only thought of themselves and not the comfort to the other people that need the crowns in order to eat. I thought it was disgusting also when he said ''the soup tasted like corpses'' because they just got over with lynching 3 people. But I thought it was awful to what happened to the little boy. I was in complete shock. I would have thought that somebody would have done something to put the little boy out of his misery. It was very disturbing for me to read.

Amber

amber

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 07:00

I agree with you one-hundred percent. Imagine seeing the people die, and then tasting your food to find that, well... you were eating them. I would probably pass on the food for a few days. That's cruel and sick and twisted. Also, when they just let him hang there, that's so awful. I couldn't imagine being stuck there, feeling my life slip out of my grasps.
It would be terrible to even witness.

I agree that this was all really disturbing.

Angie:)

Back to top Go down

Post by stutts#4 Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:50

The SS officers were very inconsiderate. They just wanted to see people being hurt and people suffer. I began to tear up when i read that the young boy who was hanged was still alive. I cant believe that they were made to look the corpses in the face. I also thought that Elie was going to die in the hospital. I thought that he was going to be taken for selection when the next transport came in. I also like that Elie talks about the future. I think that Elie is the bravest character in the book becasue no matter what is thrown at him he just takes it and it makes him stronger.

stutts#4

Back to top Go down

Post by sonicspeed Wed Apr 08 2009, 00:37

i think taylor is right i wouldnt want to see what that food was made out,but he had an idea becouse of the way its smell even though im starving to death i wouldnt want to eat that knowing that it was made out of people yuck!

sonicspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down