Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night: Chapter One

2 posters

Go down

Night: Chapter One Empty Night: Chapter One

Post by Cicily Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:32

In chapter one, Eliezer was searching for a tutor. I think that the person he choose, Moche the Beadle, was a good person. He was deported to an awful place where they were killing off Jews and he managed to escape. When he returned home nobody would listen to him when he tried to warn them about the Nazis. I sometimes have this happen to me and I get so mad when people do not want to listen or even pay attention to the important things I am attempting to tell them. It also shows how religious and devoted Eliezer is to his religion and by the end of the book he refuses to believe in anything. He cannot understand why this would happen to the Jews if there was a God and many people, including myself, share his beliefs. When deportation began, the Jewish people did not think that anything bad would happen. They just thought they would be living somewhere else. If those things were happening to me, I'd be trying my best to escape. I wouldn't sit around, like many of them did, waiting to be taken away. I understand that many were not financially capable of leaving but I would still be doing everything in my power. My favorite quote from this chapter is from Moche: "Every human being has his own gate. We must never make the mistake of wanting to enter the orchard by any gate but our own." I agree with this because I do believe that people need to understand who they are. Nobody should be pretending they are better than someone just because they accept who they are. The Nazis had no clue who they were. I'm sure they didn't WANT to murder people shamelessly. They were brainwashed.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Night: Chapter One Empty (:

Post by (: tania Thu Apr 02 2009, 10:33

I agree with Cicily. I think we all have been through that same experience. The fact that most adults don’t want to listen to you just because you’re a teenager and they think we don’t know what we’re doing. I can imagine how Mouche must of felt. He was so desperate to tell everyone but no one listened not even Elie. I was kind of shocked by this I thought he would actually believe him. B/c like Cicily says he was his tutor he had to trust him but obviously he didn’t. This disappointed me a lot. But I guess he got carried away just like everyone one else. I disagree with what she said that i would try to do the best to leave I this because even though Cicily is right we have to understand that many of these people were too involve with their life’s and didn’t imagine something like this could ever happened to them. And as teenegers we can certainly understand that we might think it can happened to everyone one else except us. And it hit us hard when it does.

(: tania

Back to top Go down