Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night: chapter four and five

2 posters

Go down

Night: chapter four and five Empty Night: chapter four and five

Post by Savannah:) Tue Apr 07 2009, 09:02

Chapter four was really hard for me to read because Elie was being beaten because he was walking around and caught Idek having an affair with another lady. I personally dont think that it was Elie's fault because if Idek was doing the right thing then he would have never been caught red handed. It was also hard to read because of how they were hanging prisoners who had barely even done any harm. The prisoners were only trying to do what they need to do to survive. When Buna was being bombed i was a little confused as to why everyone was so happy because doesnt that give them a better chance of being hurt? I guess since they got to quit work for a little while and just wait til the bombs were gone made them relieved. Chapter five seemed to get a little better. I just think that the two chapter were the most heartless chapters. Prisoners were being hurt and the Kapos and other leaders thought that they deserved it just for making maybe one or two mistakes. I think that selection is just pointless because they could ust keep more and more people and a lot of the work would get done so much faster. I think that Elie's foot shows that he is a hard worker. When his foot was hurting a little he couldve easily just gave up but instead he waited til he couldnt take it anymore to go and see a doctor; and even when he went to see a doctor he left the hospital even though his foot felt like it was burning. I think that it is really brave of Elie to stay with his dad because walking on is hurt foot could make it worse or even infect it; but he cares about staying with his dad so much that he is willing to risk anything.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Night: chapter four and five Empty kevin reply

Post by Kevin Tue Apr 07 2009, 12:06

I didn’t find it hard to read I just found a whole bunch of it shocking. I didn’t agree with the way they were being beaten for no reason or for any reason the Germans could find I thought that was pretty messed up .I didn’t think she should have been excited when Buna was getting bombed either I thought they should have been scared for their lives. I agree with you savannah I thought it must have taken a lot of strength to stay on that foot even with the risk of it getting infected.

Kevin

Back to top Go down