Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night: chapter 8 and 9

3 posters

Go down

Night: chapter 8 and 9 Empty Night: chapter 8 and 9

Post by Savannah:) Wed Apr 08 2009, 11:05

Chapter eight was so extremely sad. Eliezer did everything he could to keep his father alive. It seemed like Buchenwald was a nicer camp than the others that they had been to. This camp gave them hot showers and bread when they needed it; however i dont think that it was right for them not to feed the ill people because they were going to die soon. They may have just needed food to gain energy. They didnt even try to figure out what was wrong with Elie's father. All they said was that he was dieing and there was nothing they could do for him. What is the point of having a doctor at the camp if he isnt going to help the ill people? I thought that it was very rude and unthoughtful when the Frenchmen and the Pole were beating Elie's father just because they didnt like him anymore. He was on the edge of death and they didnt even take that into consideration. Elie must have been a very strong young man. I dont know how he went on whenever he woke up and he seen that his father had been taken to the crematory. These chapters made me cry. The were very touching and its like i could actually picture what was happening. Elie told the exact date that his father died. Elie had to live this horrible life for four years. Four years of running nonstop everyday, being put through hell, and Elie survived it all. He is very lucky to still be alive but i feel sorry for him because he is now scarred for life.

Last edited by Savannah:) on Wed Apr 08 2009, 11:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct grammatical errors)

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Night: chapter 8 and 9 Empty HEYYYY

Post by Harley Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:42

I agree with you on how you said that this chapter is extremely sad because Elie did everything that he could to keep his father alive. But it still did not seem like it was good enough, because he still died and sad and slow death by burning to death. I also agree with you when ever you say that you don't think that it is right for them not to feed to ill. I personally think that they deserve the food more then the others at the concentration camps. I also agree wit you when ever you say that it was wronge of them to beat his father. It was wronge and mean.

Harley

Back to top Go down

Night: chapter 8 and 9 Empty ONAHJA'S REPLYYY

Post by TIGGERBABY! Fri Apr 10 2009, 05:00

I AGREE WITH YOU. THIS CHAPTER WAS SAD. HE DID DO EVERYTHINH HE TRIED IN ORDER TO KEEP HIS FATHER ALIVE. IF I WAS HIM I WOULD HAVE DID THE EXACT SAME THING TO KEEP MY FATHER ALIVE. I ALSO THOUGHT THE CAMP WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHERS BUT THEN AGAIN NONE OF THE CAMPS WERE "GOOD PLACES" TO BE. YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE PART WHEN THEY DIDNT FEED THE ILL PEOPLE. THAT WASNT RIGHT. THEY SHOULDVE GAVE THEM FOOD JUST LIKE THE OTHERS. JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE MORE LIKELEY TO DIE FISRT DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING.

TIGGERBABY!

Back to top Go down

Night: chapter 8 and 9 Empty Re: Night: chapter 8 and 9

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down