Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night: chapter 6 and 7

4 posters

Go down

Night: chapter 6 and 7 Empty Night: chapter 6 and 7

Post by Savannah:) Wed Apr 08 2009, 08:54

Chapter six and seven was so sad. I was in shock when Elie said that they loaded 100 people on the train to begin with and when they arrived only 12 got off. They were throwing people off left and right because there were dead. It was like they didnt even care of all the things that person accomplished or how much people cared about them. Whenever Elie said that he thought his dad was dead so now there was nothing to live for really made me realize that his fatherwas the only thing that kept him going. His father was the only reason that he had not already given up. At the beginning of chapter five Elie said that he was only fifteen. I am fifteen now and i can say that he has seen more and experiencced more than i think i ever will. I honestly dont know how he is continuing to go on like this; i know that i couldnt. I have never had to starve. Elie had to eat snow if he got hungry. Through this whole jourey that did not give them any bread or soup. I dont know how they expected them to have any energy to keep runing. The prisoners were also very greedy. They were fighting people for bread. I understand that they rarely ever got to eat but who ever gets it first is the one who should eat it. You shoudlnt fight over it. I dont know if anyone else thought about this but i kind of thought that some prisoners were killing other just to get the clothes off their back and to get more rations of bread.

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Night: chapter 6 and 7 Empty Re: Night: chapter 6 and 7

Post by Superman Wed Apr 08 2009, 10:06

I agree with the sad part cause starting with one hundred people on a train and ending up with 12 at the end. Thats alittle crazy i think. It was sad when Elie almost lost his dad on the train. The men tried to take his body away and he was still alive. It was crazy how the people just fought over the bread without caring who they hurt. It was like they were animals. The workmen actually thought this was funny. I cant believe someone would be that cruel to do that and actually laugh at it. That is one sick person. I would never ever do something like that in one million years. I would have to hurt someone if i saw someone do something like that!!!!

Superman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Thu Apr 09 2009, 11:33

I thought chapters 6 & 7 were sad too. A lot of people died in these two chapters. I thought it was really sad all the hateful things that were being yelled to the jews . I dont think I could have worked oreven ran for fourty two miles under those conditions. That right there show the will power and strentght that elie and his father had. And I agree with savannah they did not need to be fighting over food cause thats just wrong.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harley Thu Apr 09 2009, 11:47

Hey Savannah

Well I agree with you because that is really sad how they had 100 Jews on the train, and then once they get there they are left with 12. It is really said cause like you said they did not care about those people. They showed no respect, and those people of had great accomplishments in their lives, but they did not care at the time. But you right about the whole he is 15 and he has gone through more then we will ever go through. But I like your writing thing it was really good.

Like a Star @ heaven SO GOOD JOB (thumbs up) Like a Star @ heaven

Harley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down