Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night, chapter one

2 posters

Go down

Night, chapter one Empty Night, chapter one

Post by katie(: Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:33

In the first chapter, they start the deportation. In the begining they were being treated decint, then the Germans starting getting worse and more mean. When deportation started they weren't alowed to take anything but there personal belongings or what they could fit in there bookbag. The first chapter reminds me of the time we saw the Hitler youths movie because most of those people were young and they were forced to leave everything they loved behind. The children in the Hitler youths movie were small and they chose to leave everything behind, but the people in the book didn't have a choice. When they reached the place where the deportation would begin they were tiered and had little water and food. They were placed on a wagon, 80 people to a car, and then they were on there way to the camps. I have never been put in the situation where i had to leave everything behind, the only thing i can think of is when we have fire drills and stuff like that, we have to leave our books and stuff in the class room? but we always come back. Some of the Jews never came back. I can imagine when your put in that situation it would be very hard to handel, because you dont have anything to take with you and your not gaurenteed that you will ever see the ones you love again. I don't thinks its fair how they were treated because they didnt even do anything. Overall i liked the first chapter of this story. Very Happy

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Night, chapter one Empty Re: Night, chapter one

Post by Cicily Fri Mar 27 2009, 23:42

I agree with Katie when she says that it is unimaginable to know that there is no guarantee of ever seeing your loved ones, or home, again. I could never imagine that happening to me. I disagree when she says that the jews were being treated decent at first, because they weren't. How is being forced out of your homes and rounded up like cattle being decent to someone? They never harmed anyone and yet they were forced to evacuate and were shoved into ghettos and trains like they weren't human beings. I think that the Nazis were heartless and self-righteous. They were cowards who blamed their problems on someone else.

Cicily

Back to top Go down

Post by katie(: Thu Apr 02 2009, 10:36

i only thought they were treated "decent" compared to what was going on in the concentration camps.
and in the book it said the Nazis came and were polite and stayed with a few people, and didn't do any harm.
then they started making ghettos and in the book, thats when it started geting bad.
i know they are mean people i didnt mean they werent, i was saying they seemed nice when they arrived but they were just trying to earn there trust, so setting up the ghettos would run more smoothly.

katie(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down