Night Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Chapter One

4 posters

Go down

Night Chapter One Empty Night Chapter One

Post by Harley Sat Mar 28 2009, 04:35

When I first started reading this story I was very confused about everything. But there is this one part that seemed to stick out to me. I really liked the part when ever Elie was talking about how they lived in homes of people who were just there yesterday. In a way I understand this, but then on the other hand he totally lost me. Other quote he said was, "Every question possessed a power that did not lie in the answer." This quote helped me start to understand his thinking behind things that he has observed in her life. This quote says to me that all the questions you have does not relate to the answer, but yet it is the answer and it makes sense. This book did a fantastic job on expressing their feeling, and through out the first chapter I was able to have a clear visual in my mind, and being able to picture what they was going through at the time. But when I was reading I was getting agitated because it didn’t make any sense to me why the Hungarian Police thought that they could just go in there and run every aspect of their lives. It was kind of like when you first start kindergarten, and you go out to the play ground and there is always this bully that tells you what to do and when to do it, but none of the kids have the strength or courage to stand up to the bully. But I know Elie Wiesel had a hard time understanding this, and I think he is a trooper because he cooped and he pushed his self to complete his mission, even though he was only 12years old when all this started and he had to move away from everything he grew up with. Then he had to listen to Hitler’s commands which is outrageous the way he thought and believed in things. Very Happy

Harley

Back to top Go down

Night Chapter One Empty Reply to Harley's Night Chapter One

Post by Savannah:) Sun Mar 29 2009, 10:27

I completely agree with Harley. I was very frustrated whenever I started reading this chapter because it made no sense to me but then as I got further and further along everything began to make sense. I'm sure Elie had a hard time dealing with everything but honestly i couldn't tell. Harley mentioned that this book had good visual and I think that the piece of imagery that stood out the most to me was when he said "Then he went up to the bed where his wife slept and touched her brow with infinite tenderness; she opened her eyes, and it seemed to me that her lips were brushed by a smile." This part stands out to me because he is reassuring her that although he is about to tell her that something is wrong, in the end everything is going to be alright. It shows that he is not going to give up or he is not going to let anything happen to her. The way it said that her lips looked like they were already smiling made me think that she knew that he was there for her. rendeer

Savannah:)

Back to top Go down

Night Chapter One Empty kevin's reply

Post by Kevin Tue Mar 31 2009, 08:12

I agree with Harley a hundred percent about the visual aspect of the book it was great. You always had a picture of what was going on. I think that the Hungarian police were being threatened by the Germans that’s why they treated the Jews like that. I also like they way you compared it to school and bullies. The bullies always had their group of friends who tried to act all bad too. In this case the bullies’ friends would be the countries that were fighting with the Germans. When I started reading the book I got all twisted in the quotes too. In some cases the quotes would help me understand the situation better and in others it wouldn’t. Elie seems like he was very smart and courageous for is age. I like the way he paid attention to everything that was going on around him and looked and every little detail. Like When he explained that when they were being held in the synagogue that they couldn’t go anywhere so people were relieving themselves in the corner just imagine how horrible that environment was for him and he still didn’t break down.

Kevin

Back to top Go down

Night Chapter One Empty ONAHJA'S REPLY

Post by TIGGERBABY! Thu Apr 02 2009, 05:29

[i][b]I AGREE WITH HARLEY'S POST. THE BOOK WAS KIND OF CONFUSING BUT THEN AGAIN IF YOU READ SOME OF THE QUOTES IT KIND OF HELPED YOU OUT. THE BOOK ALSO DID DO A GOOD JOB ON EXPRESSING ITS FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS. I THINK ELIE DID A GOOD JOB ON HANDLEING EVEYTHING AS A 12 YEAR OLD. MY THOUGHTS AS A 12 YEAR OLD WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ANYTHING LIKE HIS. I PROBABLY WOULD HAVEN CRYING AND BEGGING TO GO BACK. Laughing.......ELIE SHOWS THAT HE IS BRAVE AND COMMITED TO WHATEVER THERE IS HE HAS TO DO. HE ALSO SHOWS THAT HE WON’T GIVE UP.

TIGGERBABY!

Back to top Go down

Night Chapter One Empty Re: Night Chapter One

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down